Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never get anywhere close to picking the team that plays on the day. For what it's worth I would go with -
Olsen, Kenny, Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Allan, Delph, Doucoure, Gordon, James, DCL.
Mina like Pickford is making too many key errors and drops to the bench. A few games ago I would have been confident of winning this but like so many seasons we play [Poor language removed] against the red [Poor language removed] and go in to a downward spiral. We got away with a draw against them and have been our usual scared selves since then. DCL aside who still looks full of confidence.

We're likely to field a very different team than we did against Newcastle.

Figuring out how to keep their faster players from finding space at the back is going to be crucial. The team we deploy is likely to score. The problem will probably be not getting outscored.

We're likely to field a very different team than we did against Newcastle.

Figuring out how to keep their faster players from finding space at the back is going to be crucial. The team we deploy is likely to score. The problem will probably be not getting outscored.

I reckon the only changes will be James and Digne coming in for Gomes and Nkounkou mate.

I reckon the only changes will be James and Digne coming in for Gomes and Nkounkou mate.

Depends on:

- Coleman's status
- Whether Carlo wants to try someone other than Sigurdsson up top
- Whether Carlo wants to try Godfrey through the center
- If Carlo wants to try someone other than Delph in midfield

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more changes besides the obvious ones. I doubt he was best pleased with what happened Sunday.

I never get anywhere close to picking the team that plays on the day. For what it's worth I would go with -
Olsen, Kenny, Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Allan, Delph, Doucoure, Gordon, James, DCL.
Mina like Pickford is making too many key errors and drops to the bench. A few games ago I would have been confident of winning this but like so many seasons we play [Poor language removed] against the red [Poor language removed] and go in to a downward spiral. We got away with a draw against them and have been our usual scared selves since then. DCL aside who still looks full of confidence.
good team that imo. So good shout.
But I suspect that Siggy and IwobI might be shoehorned in somewhere. And Mina will most likely start. Also Pickford. Not really the team I would like to see. Slow and ponderous. And riddled with mistakes.
No points gained in recent weeks. So surely something has to change.
Get some fresh legs and tactics In for this match. They have a match in midweek. But I bet it's us who end up looking tired.
But again.......that's not a bad line up that you have suggested.....

We are going to need at least 3 goals to win this one taking into account a Pickford error that leads to a goal and Utd’s weekly penalty award

Not expecting the lineup to be anything like this, but:

Olsen
Kenny Keane Mina Digne
James Allan Doucoure Nkounkou
DCL Gordon

If ever a team needs to win, we at Everton, are very generous in that respect.... i feel we may struggle to get a result, theyve been pretty bad the last couple of games, we've been really poor... I don't see a blue win, but i hope we can surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.