Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My united fan mates say he was offside. The rules dont matter. And if you disagree you are an idiot (or insert any other abusive term).
My United fan mate says the goal should have stood. So I obviously have a better selection criteria for my friends than you :dance:

Officials took the easy way out decide in favour of United. Quite like the fact Carlo as not just happy with the tie he expects to win. Refreshing.

De gea made one big save more than pickford. And then the Var stepped in.

We were the better side except for 25 mins in the first half. I like what I see.

I've just seen this pic :

Offside Man U Everton.jpg

And it has to be this view that they are basing the decision on. I'm 99% sure that even if Siggurdson wasn't there he wouldn't have been able to change direction and go back the way he came and save it, and you can't tell if De Gea can see over Sig or not. I'd say that no, he cannot actually see the ball but even so that doesn't stop him from being able to play it cause he's moving the other way so would never have got back regardless.

So Sigurdsson obstructed De Gea's view? But De Gea moved to his right (DCL shot going towards De Gea's right before the deflection?) So wouldn't this imply that he could see over Sigurdsson's head...?

Status
Not open for further replies.