Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just seen this pic :

View attachment 80184

And it has to be this view that they are basing the decision on. I'm 99% sure that even if Siggurdson wasn't there he wouldn't have been able to change direction and go back the way he came and save it, and you can't tell if De Gea can see over Sig or not. I'd say that no, he cannot actually see the ball but even so that doesn't stop him from being able to play it cause he's moving the other way so would never have got back regardless.

That's not the view that matters... Once it hits maguire, Sigurdson is no longer offside unless he touches the ball (or he physically blocks DeGea from saving the ball)...
The only time Sigurdson could have been ruled offside is if he was obstructing DeGea's view when DCL shoots... Which if you've seen that view, he clearly doesn't...

Think to have any chance of Europe we are gonna need 6 points from our next 2 personally.

Europe has gone. Defeats to Norwich and Sheff United at home are what costs us ultimately. That and VAR corruption.

Tbh a lack of Europa League will be a positive. Carlo and USM funding need to attract top class players in the Summer.

Target the league title with no distractions next season.

I’m lost to be honest. I thought you could not be offside from a back pass, rules must have changed....

It's not a back pass, it's a deflection in which it isn't clear if Maguire has played the ball or its just hit him.

It shouldn't matter, GS doesn't interfere with a thing.

He should absolutely be burying that. Yet he gives the best keeper for using his legs to stop the ball a chance.

He should get it off the floor. He tried to pass it in against a keeper with brilliant reflexes.

Should have had a pen once the goal was wrongly chalked off.

Sadly the game is finished, the goal rightly or wrongly doesn't stand.

IMO there is a tendency amongst footballers now to be slow in coming back from what used to be an off side position due to the 'inactive or not interfering with play' aspect of the off side rule.

If Sigurdsson who was fairly slowly messing around in the 6 yard box had got up off his backside and either stepped off the pitch or back in to what we would once have described as on side this debate would now not be taking place as to whether he was in De Gea's line of sight and we would have more than likely be celebrating 3 points and being only a few points off 5th place.

As it is, we are still only 5 points from 5th, just hope for 3 points next weekend or the weekend after
Seriously? The ball was in the back of the net within 4 seconds of him having been hacked to the floor.
Can we please stop being so 'Everton', falling over ourselves to try and give credit to what was clearly a disgustingly bad VAR decision. Take a look at the 'interfering with play' rules. There was absolutely no 'line of sight' dimension. De Gea had a perfect view, so good in fact that he correctly moved to his right. Unfortunately for him, the ball then hits one of his own players and thereafter there is absolutely nothing he can do to stop the ball entering then net. So, quite simply, whether Sigurddson was there or not is an irrelevance. Moss clearly does not know the laws of the game. What a shocking indictment of our footballing referees.

Europe has gone. Defeats to Norwich and Sheff United at home are what costs us ultimately. That and VAR corruption.

Tbh a lack of Europa League will be a positive. Carlo and USM funding need to attract top class players in the Summer.

Target the league title with no distractions next season.

Cant say its gone with only 3 points in it, granted theres a lot of teams to take over, but we need to go to Chelsea and then host the vermin and beat them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.