Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was instant, thought they normally take like 5 mins on important decisions like that.

Whole thing stinks, bet Ancelotti is thinking what's going on.

I know some people might think this dramatic but really its about the club's leadership, perception and networking. Referees and authorities don't dare to mess with the big clubs cos those guys then meet for socials, meetings and conferences and dominate the agenda. This could be a real improvement in the role of Brands and Ancelotti, to get around the country and meet people to make their influence and presence felt
I know there's enough to do to do to just improve our team but i think that's what the big clubs do

Firstly: The explanation given was the line of vision violation I have highlighted below. I do not think Sigurdsson did this, your mileage may vary.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Secondly: Him moving has nothing to do with him being active. I refer you again to the law as written.

Finally, your head won't fall off if you admit to being mistaken every so often. It doesn't hurt.

Last person to touch ball was Maguire so how can Siggy be offsiede? Secodly why did the linesman not lift his flag for offside?.

VAR is not the problem. The bias is.
What VAR is doing is proving that the bias exists.

There is no way they should have made that decision so definitively, so quickly in their favour.

Bet we a get a decision or two in our favour against Spurs and/or Chelsea.
Put it all down to the rub of the green. As long as ManU gets in the top 4
Borderline bullshit my arse!

Quite right it is those flunkies 200 miles away.

Yeah
Two problems - Siggy should have got up straight away to appeal, or to be in a better onside goalscoring position
The sitting there was bizarre and a bit lazy in hindsight (i know it's a matter of seconds but they're trained to move fast, no?)

I think Siigy was waiting for the ref to whistle. Why did the ref not disallow the goal and bring play back for a penalty?

VAR is not the problem. The bias is.
What VAR is doing is proving that the bias exists.

There is no way they should have made that decision so definitively, so quickly in their favour.

Bet we a get a decision or two in our favour against Spurs and/or Chelsea.
Put it all down to the rub of the green. As long as ManU gets in the top 4
Borderline bullshit my arse!
Bet we don't!!! Maybe v Soton, Norwich or Bournemouth!!! Oh and the RS of course!!!!

Assuming you’re referring to the City goal vs Villa when De Bruyne crossed it in?

If so, VAR reviewed the goal and deemed that Silva didn’t get a touch and it was a De Bruyne goal, therefore Sterling wasn’t offside so it’s irrelevant what he did in front of the GK.

The Premier League dubious goals panel later ruled that Silva did get a touch and credited him with the goal, either way, it’s not the same as the goal would have clearly been DCL’s and Sigurdsson was about 6 yards offside.

Got to view each case on it’s merits and you’d do well to find one similar to this. Either way, it appears you’re fixed on the idea it’s corrupt and unjust therefore nothing I say will convince you otherwise.
Oh mate

Loads of time still to vote for Sunday's Man of the Match - poll doesn't close till 4.02m on Friday ;)

Is it not the case that the ref is the ONLY person to call a player back onto the pitch (not the linesman). You see players wait every week to get the signal from the ref to come back on. Sidibe walked back onto the pitch after play had re-started. The ref was right, not you.

Also, the ref can book a player for going off the pitch without his permission, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong on this one).

I am not disputing anything you have just said, I just don’t think it needed to be a yellow.
Give them the free kick by all means but a yellow is unnecessary even if Sidibe should have known better

Status
Not open for further replies.