Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That VAR decision was taken way too quickly. It was a thorny issue and it required a few minutes deliberation. I'd say that the decision to disallow the goal was taken about 90 seconds to 2 minutes after the goal was awarded. We've seen decisions drag on for 3/4 minutes in the past. And this one was a crucial one at the end of the game, which also meant it wasn't going to affect the flow of the match thereafter, so they should have taken their time in any case.

I was amazed at the speed of that process yesterday. It underlines that this season is a complete rite off in the PL. It's been a calamity which has made a nonsense out of the season.

Just thinking back to Leicester away, think play was stopped for about 5 mins to try their best to award Leicester a pen decide whether or not it was a pen. That was at the end of the first half too, mad how you can just breeze over that one in the dying moments of a game. If they take even a minute longer to check that they probably see that Sigurdsson is fouled irrespective of what outcome they come to on the goal.

Still pissed off about that VAR call. That literally could've gone either way and, naturally, it went against us.

It's been said before, but it's been an absolute blight on the Premier League this season. I didn't even celebrate the goal as it went in and just as well.

Everton don’t get the rub of the green, big shocker! Fact of the matter was we had more corners in that game that every other team in the world had had since Ugg McBoulder & his per Lucy started wellying a bit of lava around outside his cave millennia ago! We should have wiped them off the face of the earth but barely troubled a (on the day) very wobbly keeper! That is why we didn’t win lads, the disallowed goal was neither here nor there, all those wasted opportunities meant we only deserved the draw.
Begs the question why we didn't even attempt to try something different there.

Just thinking back to Leicester away, think play was stopped for about 5 mins to try their best to award Leicester a pen decide whether or not it was a pen. That was at the end of the first half too, mad how you can just breeze over that one in the dying moments of a game. If they take even a minute longer to check that they probably see that Sigurdsson is fouled irrespective of what outcome they come to on the goal.
Preferred outcomes over rationale decisions.

A system that is completely bent and designed to be that way. They'll use it to determine who wins trophies and who goes down, all in the name of keeping the brand "interesting" to the media and foreign viewing markets. Meanwhile, the game as a spectacle is being flushed down the toilet.

I think it would be interesting to have VAR present at games next season, but not used to make decisions during the games, Rather let the refs and linesmen make the decisions on the pitch and use VAR to retrospectively coach the referees on their decision making.

Inappropriate Language
VAR is not the problem. The bias is.
What VAR is doing is proving that the bias exists.

There is no way they should have made that decision so definitively, so quickly in their favour.

Bet we a get a decision or two in our favour against Spurs and/or Chelsea.
Put it all down to the rub of the green. As long as ManU gets in the top 4
Borderline bullshit my arse!

He wasn't exactly sunbathing was he?
He had fallen in his attempt to score a couple of seconds earlier.
I posted this yesterday a few minutes after it happened, in hindsight and after watching it a few times, what was Siigy doing on the floor for that length of time?
he should have been up and away.

Active and inactive. That’s the rule

When Sigurdsson moved his legs at the last second so the ball could go past him, he became active and therefore his offside position was deemed to have had even a 1% influence in the goal, which is sufficient to disallow.

You couldn’t step over or dummy a shot in that position, as you’d be offside, what Sigurdsson did was no different.

De Gea’s position, the trajectory of the ball , whether it would have gone in or not, are all totally irrelevant to the decision.
So why have countless similar goals been allowed this year, Keiran?

To me VAR also miss(didn't even look at it by the look of it) when Maguire climbed all over and pushed down on I think it was Moist kean.

On the previous page, for example the city one where sterling moves out the way of a inswinging free kick.

Assuming you’re referring to the City goal vs Villa when De Bruyne crossed it in?

If so, VAR reviewed the goal and deemed that Silva didn’t get a touch and it was a De Bruyne goal, therefore Sterling wasn’t offside so it’s irrelevant what he did in front of the GK.

The Premier League dubious goals panel later ruled that Silva did get a touch and credited him with the goal, either way, it’s not the same as the goal would have clearly been DCL’s and Sigurdsson was about 6 yards offside.

Got to view each case on it’s merits and you’d do well to find one similar to this. Either way, it appears you’re fixed on the idea it’s corrupt and unjust therefore nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

To me VAR also miss(didn't even look at it by the look of it) when Maguire climbed all over and pushed down on I think it was Moist kean.

It was instant, thought they normally take like 5 mins on important decisions like that.

Whole thing stinks, bet Ancelotti is thinking what's going on.

I posted this yesterday a few minutes after it happened, in hindsight and after watching it a few times, what was Siigy doing on the floor for that length of time?
he should have been up and away.

Yeah
Two problems - Siggy should have got up straight away to appeal, or to be in a better onside goalscoring position
The sitting there was bizarre and a bit lazy in hindsight (i know it's a matter of seconds but they're trained to move fast, no?)

Status
Not open for further replies.