Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So to me it was a clear goal. If Calvert Lewis has lamped it in the far corner would it be offside. Siggurdson does not impede the vision of degea . He would not have saved the goal anyway. I don’t get the point of VAR anymore. If that was against Brighton or Burnley it’s a goal.

It's clear to everyone except a few people in charge of making corrupt decisions for select clubs mate.

It's as scripted as WWE with VAR. At least before it you had an element of doubt.

I'm gutted as a football fan today, not as an Everton fan, and any self respecting neutral should feel the same way, because the game is dead.

If the ref goes over to the screen and looks at it himself, then he gives the goal end of. There can be no other outcome.

They have made a complete pigs ear out of the implementation of VAR this season, unless you are one of the bigger teams that is whereas you get all of the game changing decisions in your favour.

It’s be said before and needs repeating, the Premier League and FA need to haul every referee in for a training camp with the best refs from countries that use VAR correctly and those that can’t or won’t get it need to be struck off

It's clear to everyone except a few people in charge of making corrupt decisions for select clubs mate.

It's as scripted as WWE with VAR. At least before it you had an element of doubt.

I'm gutted as a football fan today, not as an Everton fan, and any self respecting neutral should feel the same way, because the game is dead.
Mate I went full on limbs there and then they chalked it off. If the TV camera is pointing in my direction I’ll be looking like a right knobhead. Game is dead.

looking at other fans views on twitter it’s not clear at all, seems about 50/50 split from a quick browse, even Ancelotti has said it was borderline.

Ignoring the VAR call we should have had the game done and dusted in the second half, by far the better side, We look like a completely different side to the mess Silva left

We must have had 12 corners and can only remember one decent chance out of the lot

I'm throwing a party the day John Moss (var ref) is deemed too fat to referee
Sorry never happening
King-Size_Homer.png

I was concerned that it would be disallowed when it went in.

The commentators on NBCSN were outraged by the goal being disallowed. I think it's because they're socialized by the replay rules of the NFL, which can be summarized as that the ref's call on the field should stand in a borderline case. Sigurdsson ticks none of the boxes in the laws of the game that would render him offside rather than in an offside position.

In principle, VAR is supposed to also be letting close decisions like this one stand. In practice, that isn't happening. From what soccer I've seen this year, the refereeing and management of VAR seems more incompetent than corrupt, but I get where you all are coming from on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.