Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...that’s the really key point for me. And regardless, Sigurdsson was prostrate giving the keeper a clear view.

imagine the Reds getting that at the Kop end.
Carlo should’ve just lied down at the refs feet, had someone play a ball to him and said, “Could you still see the ball coming at you?” No way did Gylf interfere with De Gea.

The b
He’s literally sat in front of De Gea and has to pull his foot out of the way to stop it hitting him. It has to be offside by the letter of the law

The ball was heading towards De Gea's right hand post. De Gea was heading towards that post. There was absolutely no way that De Gea was getting to that whether Sig was sat there or not.

Do you really think that it would have been ruled out at the other end? If you think that it would have been then you are deluded.

I reckon come the end of the season there will be an alternative League that proves var has wrongly screwed teams over.

I'm not talking about correct decisions but every single stupid or wrong decision that has cost teams will be the deciding factor in Europe / relegation

Please explain why.
It will be because Sigs pulled his legs away, but imo he didn’t touch it he was on the ground, what else could he do. Goal should have stood and had it happened up the other end, I would have been annoyed but still would ah e thought it should have been a goal. The VAR is over used some common sense is needed again.

the ball didn't hit him, and he wasn't obstructing the keeper

remember that goal against Arsenal in Martinez's first season where Mirallas was yards offside but because he wasn't involved in that phase of play it didn't matter?

How do you know he wasn’t obstructing the keepers vision? He was 2 yards in front of him lay on the floor?!

Status
Not open for further replies.