Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was magnificent - even though all the talk will be about Utd. I love how OGS bust a gut for his audition, yet things have panned out differently since he's been installed permanently. I just hope they don't give too much of a response/backlash against Citeh. Now, let's similarly turn it on at Palace next week (unlike our last away at Fulham).

OGS is just like a big competition winner to me, great achievement getting the post, congratulations.

Such media hype with Lineker and all the usual suspects - 'Surely they have to give it him now'.

Yes Gary, you, the pundits and their fans created a deafening clamour and Woodward, great at commerce if not so great on football, listened and made yet another remarkable managerial appointment.

Pochettino or Solskjaer?

They took the quick and easy route and gave in to popular demand, laughable.

Populism at it's very worst.

Got myself home....in fairness to my Mrs three hours later than I’d promised. But despite saying she hates football I reckon she understands more than the national press and media in this country. I’ve read a few reports online and seen the news headlines, apparently we won (again) because who were playing - in this case the self proclaiming biggest football club in the world - never turned up. I’ve seen Ole apologise, I’ve heard Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, De Gea never showed their class. I’ve heard about a crisis since the opposing manager signed a permanent contract. Self pitying, blinkered and missing real facts.

Everton absolutely destroyed Manchester United today. We played at a tempo they could not match, bullied them over the park and the score could have been anything. The last twenty were like watching a pre season in Austria. Forget your apologists about United”s deficiencies.....that is a small part of the story.

Evertons Left side and Right side attacked at will, the midfield was anchored, our centre backs were untroubled and our keeper could have gone on the ale in Sunderland again. It was as dominant a home display you could ever see - the stats lads will tell you that - but no United played poorly. As did West Ham, Arsenal, second half Chelsea, and Liverpool.

To be honest, couldn’t even be bothered what angle the journos throw up. I know what I saw today and that has been long overdue in terms of seeing a performance on the pitch that matches the expectations that the investment has provided. I know where we are, and we lack the consistency the top teams deliver week in week out, but don’t embarrass those who never saw that today by saying it only happened because United were so poor.

The only downside is that it wasn’t six or seven.

Fantastic post. It was never in doubt after the first 10 mins today. We were just too strong for them all over the park. We wanted it, and when we won the ball we used it far more intelligently than them, and our decision-making was very good. Our shooting was on point as was our defending and pressing. The full backs were outstanding, the centre halves dominated Lukaku, Gana and Schneiderlin made the £150M pairing of Pogba and Fred look like....well Fred and Pogba.
Bernard and Richarlison kept their full backs totally pressed back and on the back foot whilst DCL and Gylfi gave their defensive unit and Matic a torrid time. The crowd were fantastic again too.

Fantastic post. It was never in doubt after the first 10 mins today. We were just too strong for them all over the park. We wanted it, and when we won the ball we used it far more intelligently than them, and our decision-making was very good. Our shooting was on point as was our defending and pressing. The full backs were outstanding, the centre halves dominated Lukaku, Gana and Schneiderlin made the £150M pairing of Pogba and Fred look like....well Fred and Pogba.
Bernard and Richarlison kept their full backs totally pressed back and on the back foot whilst DCL and Gylfi gave their defensive unit and Matic a torrid time. The crowd were fantastic again too.
On the downside, it was never in doubt in the first 10 mins against Fulham which way the result would go. We have to show that hunger we have had at home in the recent weeks away from home also.

I know Pogna can be absent at times, but I’ve never seen anyone just mark him out of a match like Gana did in the first 45. It was like he wasn’t on the pitch. My son asked me whether or not he was playing at one point.

In the last few weeks we have......
1.Held a Champions League semi finalist to a draw without conceding.
2.Walloped a Champions League quarter finalist without conceding.
3.Played and beat 2 Europa League semi finalists off the park without conceding.
4.Got beat by relegated Fulham conceding 2.
5.EVERTON THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.