Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just the premier League, more corrupt than the Greek league at
Onana gets his shirt ragged off him last week, no pen. This week ball slammed at Onana from a yard, what’s he supposed to do disappear, disgusting official is swayed by the swarm of City players, and of course a pen. Really can’t see the point of watching anymore absolutely detest corrupt PremierLeague, don’t like this game anymore.

Officials shocking yet again. Sick of them TBF. Just got home and feel really peed off.
What I will say though is if certain Everton players did there jobs we would have won tonight. City not that great as we have them too much respect and space on midfield.
Looking at you Onana. Our keeper was excellent first half but the less said the better about their 3 goals.

Man City are World Champions, the Premier League has the best team in the world and all the status that goes with that, it doesn’t advance the case for the Premier League if Man City can’t beat Everton. It is in the interests of the Premier League if Man City come home from Saudi Arabia and win, it is not in their interests if the World Champions can’t beat a side who only have 40 % possession. Football is a business and it pays to promote yourself, Man City are the cash cow and they need to win.

We were in their faces and they were not enjoying the intensity of the contest but we sagged off, as will happen since no side ever has been able to sustain that intensity for 90 minutes uninterrupted, and boom Foden had the quality to punish us. Only a handful of players hit that strike with both pace and accuracy.

They came out with intensity after the interval, forced the issue, and we had no answer. We are much improved but against probably the best side in the world we have no room for error, either self-inflicted or of the officiating variety.

We battled and we showed some class, Harrison a fingertip away from a brace, so I'm disappointed but not filled with ennui as has too often been the case.

But: Onana has to play with some malice. We saw him do it a couple of games ago when he hit that magnificent header. With his pace, strength, and size, he should be laying waste to all comers in the middle of the park. I'm not concerned about his penalty miss anymore, I'm concerned that despite the good numbers he puts together he's not applying himself. Contrast Doucoure. If you had a player with Onana's physicality and Doucoure's workrate and drive you'd literally terrify the opposition.

We were in their faces and they were not enjoying the intensity of the contest but we sagged off, as will happen since no side ever has been able to sustain that intensity for 90 minutes uninterrupted, and boom Foden had the quality to punish us. Only a handful of players hit that strike with both pace and accuracy.

They came out with intensity after the interval, forced the issue, and we had no answer. We are much improved but against probably the best side in the world we have no room for error, either self-inflicted or of the officiating variety.

We battled and we showed some class, Harrison a fingertip away from a brace, so I'm disappointed but not filled with ennui as has too often been the case.

Yes.

We were right at them, leading 1-0 and they were wobbling.

Then Stones got injured.

And after the delay all the momentum seemed to dissapear.

It was as if the adrenaline was just sucked out of the players and we were on the back foot for the remainder of the game.

It's probably extremely evident from my posting tonight, but I really do not like this City side.

Yes they are extremely good. But I find them thoroughly unlikeable and I find the way they are favoured by officials quite frustrating at this point. You know when you play them that they will go down under every slight touch and that refs will give them everything.

The astonishment on the faces of their players if a ref gives a free kick against them, really winds me up. Maybe that means they are winners, but I'm fed up watching them, fed up losing to them, and fed up watching Pep do his ludicrous post match coaching on the pitch at full time. Try coaching our players if you're as good as you think you are. I could make that City team look good and I work in an office.

I find their fans quite annoying these days - must be all the success. And I've got to the point where I honestly don't care of they win the league over the reds. I dont like either of them.
In fairness thought the ref tonight was much much better than the spurs game. He let it be some what physical compared to the game the weekend and wasn't calling a foul on every time the opposition player threw themselves to the ground. Sad state of affairs when I have to kind of praise that. Shows how weak officials and players have become and both in general culpable of how the sport has deteriorated as a man's game especially when you see women's football doing way less of that play acting crap. In rugby we were always told when we were younger to go full belt into a tackle as you wouldn't get as bad an injury by doing it half hearted as your muscles brace and tighten.. Wonder is that why it seems that theres alot more injuries in football these days of players pulling out of tackles etc

Onana gets his shirt ragged off him last week, no pen. This week ball slammed at Onana from a yard, what’s he supposed to do disappear, disgusting official is swayed by the swarm of City players, and of course a pen. Really can’t see the point of watching anymore absolutely detest corrupt PremierLeague, don’t like this game anymore.
You’ll be back 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.