Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good in the first half then in the second half it was all far too narrow and compact and just invited the inevitable.
I'd say City decided to change it a bit in the second half and get wider, which we couldn't cope with. But it's the tactic, to try and protect the centre.
Looked better after the subs - think we went 3 at the back with more width from Myko and Patterson, but we were already losing by then.

For me, how can half the city team race to the referee demanding a penalty without a sanction? There wasn’t a blue shirt in view and the ref got bullied into the decision. We might us well make it a tactic to constantly swarm the referee until the make a decision in our favour. It’s a joke
That's just the premier League, more corrupt than the Greek league at this stage

Foden's strike was fantastic and would've gone in against anyone.

The pen was a sham that should never have been given.

Silva's was a great opportunistic goal based on Pickford allowing himself to be harried out of position and into passing a poor pass.

That last one is the only City goal that we might've prevented, so I'm taking the positives rather than the negatives from this game.

Foden's strike was fantastic and would've gone in against anyone.

The pen was a sham that should never have been given.

Silva's was a great opportunistic goal based on Pickford allowing himself to be harried out of position and into passing a poor pass.

That last one is the only City goal that we might've prevented, so I'm taking the positives rather than the negatives from this game.

Have to disagree with you there. First one Pickford jumps before the shot and not flat footed. It's completely saveable

Status
Not open for further replies.