Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That little bubble we had has burst hasn't it .
Spurs away and then the best team in the world Man City!!??!!

Perspective please. Should have taken at least a point at WHL and competed strongly tonight and at 80 mins a smash and grab was a potential.

We are showing the very same fight as we did with the 4 wins, just lack of quality.

The rest of them still have Spurs and City remember.

Beaten by the better team.

Nothing we could’ve done about their first two - and the third was a stroke of bad luck. Pickford is usually impeccable under pressure like that so won’t hold it against him.
Never any shame in that, especially when the lesser team puts in a real shift. Everton did.

Most worrying thing for me is Calvert-Lewin being completely incapable of finishing his chances.

Wolves suddenly becomes more important now.

A 3rd defeat on the bounce and inevitably the negativity will start creeping in again, as much as Dyche claims it won't happen..

You can't really , you can pretend to not lose momentum but ultimately every loss is start again . Morale can be worked on I agree to an extent

There are also different types of losses. We've been beaten by the best team in the world after being right in the game right until the last 5 mins, and mostly dominated a top 4 contender away from home and were absurdly unlucky not to get something.

If we get 1 point from our next 3 I can accept there may be something deeper. But no reasonable person can seriously tell me after the last couple of games they're suddenly panicking.

Never any shame in that, especially when the lesser team puts in a real shift. Everton did.

Most worrying thing for me is Calvert-Lewin being completely incapable of finishing his chances.
Hell get one and will hopefully be flying from there

Status
Not open for further replies.