Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did as much as we could against a much better side. James Tarkowski was a rock, went for him as MOTM, but both full backs played very well too. Perhaps Dyche has a bit more faith in Paterson than some posters would have you believe, he left him on for the best part of an hour on a yellow card. On to Wolves now, let's see if we give the right response there.

I thought Dyche's selection and subs were good today, no disgrace, better teams than us will lose to City by a much bigger margin. By the way, what a player that Phil Foden is.

Thats great but you've totally ignored the fact they've played considerably better than they have recently. And that wasn't due to being given an easy ride because we didn't play badly. They reacted annoyingly well to the setback and upped their game accordingly. It happens.
It may be a bad run of form for them but it isn’t actually that bad, it's not like they have been beaten week in week out.

We dropped our intensity in the press in the first 15 mins of the second half. When you do that you allow City time to suss it out.

It's a shame, the first half was superb, but it's a lot to ask to maintain that energy for 90mins against the best team in the world.

Game over once Pickford gifted it to them. Not fussed, we're playing a million times better than last year.

Taking a step back, they were clearly the better team. Much better quality on the ball. Until the third we were still in it though. Pity, but they are the best team we'll play, even depleted. Harrison probably best player for me, Gomas and Onana gave the ball away too much. Beto is definitely a handful, and won some good free-kicks, but looks and plays like he's wearing flippers.

Feels to me as ive said a bit, that he s now classed as a team player, more than a goal scorer. People stick to saying we are a better team when he plays, and the experts act like the same. but you want a forward to score, or at least like scoring most games - though he did have that chance to be fair
Behave score last game - dodgy VAR decision

I just hate losing to good teams like City, just reminds me that Everton will never be that good in my lifetime.... They`ve won more in one season than we have in 30 odd years.

I just want this club to be good instead of abject failure year after year, thought we had some relief with the League Cup but couldn`t see that through.

A team without Diaz, Stones, De Bryune and Haaland. Countless missed passes in possession by Everton throughout but particularly second half - poor by professional standards. To be fair four fantastic results and some excellent performances followed by a disgusting spawny defeat vs Tottenham and a poor performance was due - only the elite teams consistently perform to a high level mainly due to death of quality.

I'm a big fan of Dyche but the way he bows down to City is embarrassing. How many times has he beaten them as a manager?
Mate three quarters of their starting 11 could be missing and they'd still beat us 9 times out of 10. They deserve a lot of credit for changing it in the second half. I really don't see what more Dyche could have done - the setup was right, we were just outmatched by a very good team.

I’m pleased with the standards shown by Everton. We just need to keep believing as the performances are there. Yes, the 6 are getting the help from the refs, but we’re showing that we can compete, and the big win will come. Our players will come good

Status
Not open for further replies.