Everton v Manchester City. Saturday 7th May @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching this.. I thought everyone played well. Even Vic !!

Scrappy affair, exactly what I expected..

Howard shouldn't have got beat at the near post though :dodgy:

I bet Dunc wanted to come down and give Kompany a piece of his mind!

I love when our boys get heated up and show their angry side! ;)

Games like this show why its so great to be an Evertonian, proud of all the boys today and glad it came against man $hity.

GIVE EM THE POINT NEV

I dont know what I did to receive the onslaught, tbh. It seems that when you say 'good win but we were fortunate' and the points mean nothing makes you a target for the GOT SEAL 6.

As I said earlier, Davek, I think you've missed the point, big time. You do realise that we won today don't you?

I'm happy aren't you? the other stuff can wait for much later, but you really are the original party pooper.

I think that's what's rightly upset people.

Loen! The little engine that could!

Can u believe that Sh*tty is the only team we have done the double over this season?!?

As I said earlier, Davek, I think you've missed the point, big time. You do realise that we won today don't you?

I'm happy aren't you? the other stuff can wait for much later, but you really are the original party pooper.

I think that's what's rightly upset people.

Dont talk daft. Party pooper FFS! If someone is put off celebrating a win because I pointed out City could have been out of sight at HT they need their heads feeling.

Doing the double over City, ending Chelsea's long winning run in the Cup (and holding them during normal time three times), taking four points off Spurs and Liverpool, the big comeback against United....not bad for a season where we've had no real strikers or wingers, key players have missed large parts of the season and our defending has been below par.

The signs have been there for a few years that we're not far off the top teams. We just need to learn to be more clinical. We give too many teams a head start and we don't make our dominance count when we're pummelling teams. Credit to everyone involved today though. Fantastic result.

Sylvain-Distin-Everton-celeb_2593961.jpg

I <3 Distin. My player of the season.

Doing the double over City, ending Chelsea's long winning run in the Cup (and holding them during normal time three times), taking four points off Spurs and Liverpool, the big comeback against United....not bad for a season where we've had no real strikers or wingers, key players have missed large parts of the season and our defending has been below par.

The signs have been there for a few years that we're not far off the top teams. We just need to learn to be more clinical. We give too many teams a head start and we don't make our dominance count when we're pummelling teams. Credit to everyone involved today though. Fantastic result.

Too right. In an ideal situation:

-Sell Rodwell, Yak, Yobo, Vaughan, Bily for £33m or so.
-Sign 5 new players. ATTACKING ONES. Add some pace to the team.
-Stop playing Long balls like we did in the first half against City and ATTACK. Today has shown it can work.

As usual the post match if,s and but,s start with all the best football talkers in the world and the fn know alls on this forum,We hit back 2 nd half got 3points had a little dig at Lescott ENJOY;then i start thinking about are start to the season and ask myself WHAT IF?

What a game. Played off the pitch in the first half, as soon as Tim arrived, a goal. Osman's header A HEADER OF DUNCAN FERGUSON EPIC STYLE. Typified a heroic performance in the 2nd half.

Highlights - Nevilles high pitched sqeals, and his cross for Osman

Shay twanging the ball at Lescott, but hitting one of his own.

Lowlights - roswell outplayed, outmuscled by yaya
Anichebe in the first half, and after getting wound up enough to want to perform, redeemed himself with a lot of running and bustling with lots of endevour.

Made up we won, and made up for Osman.

Status
Not open for further replies.