Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I was there. Felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode, goals just kept going in ;)
Yes, I was there too. Don't get me wrong, everyone was buzzing after what they just witnessed (we literally obliterated them and could have won 10-0) but walking out of the ground there was like this stunned silence, with people saying "I really think we can win the league with this team"! It was surreal.

The previous weekend was the 1-0 win at Analfield. We knocked United out of the Milk Cup 3 days later at Old Trafford, and the following Saturday beat Leicester 3-0 to go top of the league for the first time. In a season full of ridiculousness, this 14 day stretch was my favorite.

I don't think we win 5-0 this weekend, but I do think we will win by two, 2-0 or 3-1!

It's usual suspects with Coleman in, so we're just hoping we're solid enough down that flank.

I suspect we will be, since it's when he has to play a long run of fixtures that he starts to get into trouble. Should be able to grind this one out at home.

We need to lose the inferiority complex, especially against the likes of United who are well past their pomp. Just go out, play to our strengths and put them under constant pressure every time they have the ball. Full, baying crowd, under the lights after Church......you know the rest.

think this will be a much tougher game than some are anticipating, they have a lot of pace up top and we are fairly slow at the back. hopefully we can win the midfield battle and create enough to nick it!
Who has the best defence in the league at present and who had a poor one? Frankenstein McGuire is not the best by far. 3-1

We need to lose the inferiority complex, especially against the likes of United who are well past their pomp. Just go out, play to our strengths and put them under constant pressure every time they have the ball. Full, baying crowd, under the lights after Church......you know the rest.
I think that complex is going, there are more players in the squad now who have a bit of snide, we need to keep on it but things are looking promising

I was there. Felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode, goals just kept going in ;)
I was there as well. I think it was Kevin Sheedy being interviewed during Howard’s Way who said about Joe Mercer going into the dressing room afterwards and saying “that was like watching Brazil in blue” or words to that effect!

I’m too confident.

I think McNeil should keep his place as should Gray as he’s been our best forward this year.

Gordon to come on after 68 mins and get the winner with no deflection in front of the gwladys

Status
Not open for further replies.