Match Thread Everton v Man City. 23rd August at 16.00.

What about Man City?

• Pleased for them

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • They do my head in

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Utter scruffs

Votes: 106 33.8%
  • Not arsed abar them

Votes: 162 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to browning I think. Out of position and against best side in the league would be a challenge for the most experienced player never mind someone who hasn't even started a premier league game.

Had a look on the city forum vast majority saying how it was a hard-won game etc. come on to GOT and people are saying how easy it was for city and how we gifted them 3 points by not pressing. Anyone would think these people has some sort of agenda

McCarthy was terrible. Barry was surprisingly alright. Ross looks good, but needed more movement ahead of him in the second half. Why Naisy instead of Kev? And why so late with the subs? Howard killed the game letting in the first. Needed to pressure them more, definitely.

Big ups to Stones, Seamus and Ross. Big boos for Howard, McCarthy and the manager.

Tough luck, on to the next. City look unstoppable.

Lukakus goal being offside made a huge impact. If that goal was given or if we nailed one the free kicks in we'd have got something. Browning is no good at left back. Where is Oviedo?
Quite right, unfortunately Galloway was poor today and I thought Browning was an improvement on him. Surely ,if Oviedo was fit he would be playing, unless he is leaving the club.

McCarthy was terrible. Barry was surprisingly alright. Ross looks good, but needed more movement ahead of him in the second half. Why Naisy instead of Kev? And why so late with the subs? Howard killed the game letting in the first. Needed to pressure them more, definitely.

Big ups to Stones, Seamus and Ross. Big boos for Howard, McCarthy and the manager.

Tough luck, on to the next. City look unstoppable.

Fair summary of the lot. I would have moved Clev back for McCarthy. Mirallas for McCarthy. Deleu for Kone who was tired around 50mins.

Found it a bit odd that Kone played off the left. Surely Galloway needed Clev's cover more than Coleman?

According to Radio Merseyside, Mirallas flew straight down the tunnel as soon as it was decided Deulofeu was coming on.

Even in defeat that performance against a very very good City side fills me with optimism
I am not too sure. We still look to open at the back.

Watford put 2 past us don't forget.

And we play with no width. Managers will suss that out pretty soon and just defend narrow as they know we can't move the ball wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.