Match Thread Everton v Man City. 23rd August at 16.00.

What about Man City?

• Pleased for them

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • They do my head in

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Utter scruffs

Votes: 106 33.8%
  • Not arsed abar them

Votes: 162 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukakus goal being offside made a huge impact. If that goal was given or if we nailed one the free kicks in we'd have got something. Browning is no good at left back. Where is Oviedo?

I thought we played well. Howard gifted them 2 goals. Near post, and then forgot he could use his hands for the second. New keeper required...........

I'm not a Howard fan, but he made some good save today as well, near post should've been covered but fairs fair he stopped a couple as well.

Do.

Barry/McCarthy were excellent against Southampton and warranted another start, Browning is the only fit defender seemingly capable of playing on the bench and therefore when Galloway went off. Tim Howard was at fault for both goals, but was the difference between us and Southampton last Saturday.

Every decision, bar Naismith, has a reason behind it.

Why on earth is anybody questioning Steve Naismith? Easily one of our most consistent players last season, and more class both at the back and going forward than Kone imo, who either just isn't good enough for the Premier League or maybe still lacking in both confidence and fitness (I will give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer).

You guys moaning need to learn football tactics, they had Sterling and Navas on the wings which are two of the fastest players in the league. We had 2 inexperienced LB on. Del and Kev DONT track back, they would of beat us 4 or 5 nil. As for the left side you can't leave a younger up against Silva and Navas. The tactics were try and hold them and hit them on the break. Which we tried but the passing and decision making(manly by Barkley) was awful.
If Del played the ball to Coleman who's overlapping and we mess it up. Sterlings got a free run on goal.
You can't stick your foot in on Silva as he will either go down and win a free kick or just out skill you.

These could easily have put 7 or 8 past Chelsea last week, ffs. This defeat really isn't a big deal.

Ok showing from us. Would have liked a little more going forward in the second half, but as many seem to be saying, we do look a little quicker in our passing and have more purpose going forward than last season.

Wasn't best pleased with the Naismith sub. I'd have preferred one of Deulofeu or Mirallas. The latter was fuming and apparently booted the advertising hoardings around the time Deulofeu came on. I do find it a bit odd how Martinez chooses to use him. Hopefully he gets some game time at Spurs.

No idea what we're going to do with the left back position now, if Galloway is out for a while. Oviedo's clearly not in a good way and Browning didn't look right there at all. I'd go with Barry, personally.

You guys moaning need to learn football tactics, they had Sterling and Navas on the wings which are two of the fastest players in the league. We had 2 inexperienced LB on. Del and Kev DONT track back, they would of beat us 4 or 5 nil. As for the left side you can't leave a younger up against Silva and Navas. The tactics were try and hold them and hit them on the break. Which we tried but the passing and decision making(manly by Barkley) was awful.
If Del played the ball to Coleman who's overlapping and we mess it up. Sterlings got a free run on goal.
You can't stick your foot in on Silva as he will either go down and win a free kick or just out skill you.
Besic marked Messi lad

He's right is Bobby, today too many times we give the ball away and it cost us.

We played some good build ups let down by a miscontrol or a bad pass, happened a few times and it cost us the first goal.

No idea what we're going to do with the left back position now, if Galloway is out for a while. Oviedo's clearly not in a good way and Browning didn't look right there at all. I'd go with Barry, personally.
Barry left back, Besic at CDM is what I'd do

Status
Not open for further replies.