Match Thread Everton v Man City. 23rd August at 16.00.

What about Man City?

• Pleased for them

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • They do my head in

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Utter scruffs

Votes: 106 33.8%
  • Not arsed abar them

Votes: 162 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame him imagine having naismith come on before you if you are kev.
True! But I guess Roberto took the chance to play Del as Kev is still not to be risked with a bad ankle!
Kone to stay on for me and bring off Barry or Mcarthy for Del / Kev

You guys moaning need to learn football tactics, they had Sterling and Navas on the wings which are two of the fastest players in the league. We had 2 inexperienced LB on. Del and Kev DONT track back, they would of beat us 4 or 5 nil. As for the left side you can't leave a younger up against Silva and Navas. The tactics were try and hold them and hit them on the break. Which we tried but the passing and decision making(manly by Barkley) was awful.
If Del played the ball to Coleman who's overlapping and we mess it up. Sterlings got a free run on goal.
You can't stick your foot in on Silva as he will either go down and win a free kick or just out skill you.
Same could be said if we played that way, with Deulofeu and Mirallas, we could have exploited the space behind Navas and Sterling.

The better team won today.

Lukaku has the touch of a baby elephant, but when facing goal and going forward he is a different proposition. Man City won't loose many games this season, they look the part.
All in all today's defeat won't have a great say in where we finish this campaign. It is concerning we didn't use Mirellas, thought he would have replaced Kone at some stage. We need to get the new "signings" in and playing.
We put that result behind us and move on.

Lukaku has the touch of a baby elephant, but when facing goal and going forward he is a different proposition. Man City won't loose many games this season, they look the part.
All in all today's defeat won't have a great say in where we finish this campaign. It is concerning we didn't use Mirellas, thought he would have replaced Kone at some stage. We need to get the new "signings" in and playing.
It wouldn't hurt to have at least one healthy first teamer at every position, too. I wonder how much of the lineup today and last week was tactics and how much it had to do with not having any wingers capable of playing more than a half hour. If Deulofeu's performance today was anything like what he was doing in training, I don't blame Martinez for not putting him in until the 85th minute, and I can't believe that Mirallas is fully fit after the stamping he got against Watford.

Del looked rusty. But beat his man when he got a chance. Hope he gets a start in the cup game.

Barkley and Stones good games for me. Thought Kone also did well, looks like a footballer this year.

I think 2-0 was a tad flattering. If the rom goal was given or that free kick goes in I think we would have been good hitting them on the break. They're a very good team and probably deserved it.

Overall pretty positive. Think we can go in to any of the upcoming games and produce a winning performance.

He's got a [Poor language removed] attitude anyway, and his eyes are too close together. Me nan always said never trust anyone who's eyes are too close together, they're deviants.

I rather lose player with good attitude with no talent.

Maybe he isn't fully fit and not worth risking. Just sayin like.

Perhaps. Although it's not the first time he hasn't been used. Barry had a reasonable game today, but only when compared to McCarthy. I don't get why he's being shoehorned into the side. Must be galling for Mirallas when an out of form (and not the best player anyway) Naismith & a fledgling Deulofeu get on ahead of you.

Agreed on Rom. Post him up, back to the net, he's pulling taffy with his feet. Hit the big man in stride and he is lethal. Where was the fast-break football from last week? City looked shaky when pushed back at pace.

Disappointing but best team in the prem by a mile imo.

Also wasn't as dire as i expected, so onwards to burnley and Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.