Match Thread Everton v Man City. 23rd August at 16.00.

What about Man City?

• Pleased for them

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • They do my head in

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Utter scruffs

Votes: 106 33.8%
  • Not arsed abar them

Votes: 162 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a damp squid all be told but Man City are excellent. Think McCarthy needs passing practise as he is awful. Howard should not be beaten on his near post ever. It was a comfortable win for City and it showed that as good as Galloway and Browning are becoming they are still very green. Still too stand offish for my liking allowing City to play around and boss the game yet when we got the ball they were on us in a flash. That is the biggest thing missing from our game. Thought Kone did quite well at shielding and passing but he is no real threat to anyone. Mistake bringing Naismith on as he offers nothing IMO. Better team won and no arguments.
I totally agree. Our disallowed goal could have changes things. We gave them a good game and they were relived to leave with three points

We were alright in the first half though. Different story if Lukaku isn't offside, or that free kick is a few inches lower on half time. Slightly unlucky there.

Howard doesn't need to make the first save if Jagielka could hold a line. On the second, no keeper could cope but a defender shoulder-to-shoulder with Nasri stops that goal every time. I think Howard needs to go but don't blame him for the screw-ups,of the back four
You've never played in goal in your life have ya, mate?

Ok I will shall I? He keeps playing Barry and McCarthy in the middle he sticks browning on at left back who was abysmal. He then Subs Kone for Naismith when we are chasing the game and also that keeper of ours I won't say his name but his positional sense is awful. I could go on and on.

Do.

Barry/McCarthy were excellent against Southampton and warranted another start, Browning is the only fit defender seemingly capable of playing on the bench and therefore when Galloway went off. Tim Howard was at fault for both goals, but was the difference between us and Southampton last Saturday.

Every decision, bar Naismith, has a reason behind it.

I don't know about you lot but I think we played well today, we were simply outclassed. Man City simply have better technical ability. Still, I'm pleased with what I perceive as a continued improvement in overall team performance. We do need to be more decisive upfront though when chasing a game, too often there's one touch too many. My MOTM was Ross Barkley, who is vastly improved from last season and showing real signs of maturity now, closely followed by Seamus Coleman.

Has any team got a harder start to the season than us? Spurs away next week and the next three home games are Chelsea, RS and Man U. If we are to be pushing for a top six finish we really need to be taking a good few points from those fixtures, but one way or another I'd rather have a tough start to the season than a tough end.

If you go at them in the box they will come out on top 9 time out of 10, whether through beating the man or winning a penalty

That's not entirely true, a lot could be done to prevent the ball from reaching so deep into our penalty area so often.

That's how we beat city few seasons in a row.

To play a counter attacking game, we need to press and win the ball back as quick as possible. Not by letting city play with time and option on the ball resulting in shots and crosses every time they had possession.

I thought we played well. Howard gifted them 2 goals. Near post, and then forgot he could use his hands for the second. New keeper required...........

Oh, and McCarthy needs dropping i think. At least once (In the league too) to show him that we have competition for his place because we do have Besic and Cleverly (and even Osman)

But Bobby obviously won't do it.

I thought coleman was a class above anyone else in our squad today.
first half I cant complain , I thought we did ok.
second half , I think barkley dithered too much when he had the ball .
I thought our composure and quality of passing at times was shocking.
kone playing didn't give enough protection to our defence and offered us no width , we were way too narrow.
the kone sub was right , but for Naismith ?? terrible situation if the best option the manager can think of his bring him on the left side. I knew it was game over from the point.
I think it was also a mistake cleverly going off rather than barry (who was dead on his feet) or McCarthy (who was guilty of being flat footed and ball watching )

I would have loved to see a natural wide player running at sagna , like coleman was doing down the right.
sagna wont get an easier 90 minutes all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.