Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be caught in two minds. Not sure if we should be passing it out from the back or going long.
The problem this causes is when we do go long, the majority of the team aren't expecting it and so Dom was flicking on balls to their keeper.
What was a bit mad from what I could make out in the Park End was that when Beto came on, him and Dom were going for the same long ball and almost challenging each other.
Totally agree with the DCL/Beto chasing the same ball, the only thing you forgot to say was they failed to get the ball!😂

Not only do we have expected defeats. We now have other managers who pin point playing away at Everton as games they expect to win, especially the teams in the lower end of the table. Here is the Luton manager on how he expected their first win to be against us. We are truly done.

IMG_4850.jpeg

Villa and Brentford are much better teams than Luton.

I know I'm insane but Bourmouth are also a bit more front foot, which might play into our hands.

I'm clutching at straws mate.

The worst thing about yesterday is seeing how poor Luton are. They're defo going down Because they don't get to play us every week.

Don't get me wrong, credit to them. They played to their strengths, took their chances and were organised enough against a lacklustre attack.

Seems we're now taking a blunt knife to the gunfight.
More like a baton made out of cotton wool Jamo!

Still cannot come to terms that we lost at home to Luton FFS.

Ona aspect I can point to is that they had 5 times as many corners as us or thereabouts that says to sloppy defending. As does their goals.

We lost to fukn Luton, at home.

I’m still lost for words. I can’t believe that we lost at home to Luton.

Name the side Luton beat to win their first Premiership game will be a quiz question used around pubs for decades.

23 shots. Did their keeper have a blinder? Not really.

From Wednesday to this. Do we suffer from Anxiety playing at Goodison?

And that ladies and gents is one of the reasons we are where we are. We've spent the last few seasons dodging relegation by the skin of our teeth. The near criminal level of mismanagement has continued with our squad getting worse and worse each season yet the expectations remain the same.

That whole Luton squad cost less than Patterson has. Let that sink in.

Until the ownership and whole culture of the club changes then we are finished. In the interim we'll get many more games like Saturday and better to be respectful and decent as fans and show a bit of respect to others.

And that ladies and gents is one of the reasons we are where we are. We've spent the last few seasons dodging relegation by the skin of our teeth. The near criminal level of mismanagement has continued with our squad getting worse and worse each season yet the expectations remain the same.

That whole Luton squad cost less than Patterson has. Let that sink in.

Until the ownership and whole culture of the club changes then we are finished. In the interim we'll get many more games like Saturday and better to be respectful and decent as fans and show a bit of respect to others.
Not even sure we have reached the "REAL" low point yet and this was low.

Status
Not open for further replies.