Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m too disappointed to make any meaningful comment, it’s just so mind-numbingly frequent that we get such performances.

Einstein had it right about the definition of madness - just repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

If it were not for a new stadium on the horizon, I might reclaim the 7 hours minimum I waste going to Goodison every home game.
I’m still lost for words. I can’t believe that we lost at home to Luton.

Really pissed off our defence was appalling, and finishing worse .
As much as I like Dyche not convinced he is the guy to steer us through this difficult period. He was brought in to tighten up the defence, but we have got worse .

Same old Everton first 20/25 we battered them, Then the opposition go down and score. We can’t even use Maupay as an excuse anymore.
Bournemouth are a much better team than Luton so it will be a more difficult game.
Villa and Brentford are much better teams than Luton.

I know I'm insane but Bourmouth are also a bit more front foot, which might play into our hands.

I'm clutching at straws mate.

The worst thing about yesterday is seeing how poor Luton are. They're defo going down Because they don't get to play us every week.

Don't get me wrong, credit to them. They played to their strengths, took their chances and were organised enough against a lacklustre attack.

Seems we're now taking a blunt knife to the gunfight.

I have never seen a 23 shot on goal performance be so lacking in danger.

The first goal for luton was sloppy the second was unforgivable, it was like a training ground vs no defenders for Morris.

Beto needs to better. Love his endeavour but we just need him to put it on target. Hoping it's a case of adjusting to the pace of the English game.

In terms of changes to give him credit Dyche did bring Harrison on early, played the two strikers together so that is something.

I actually think DCL battled manfully with pretty inconsisent service. Garner showed glimpses Branthwaite possibly got out worked for the first luton goal but generally did well.

I just dont see it with young is there an u21 full back because, I think we need to go patterson and mykolenko as first choice i know mykolenko struggled but at this point because I dont think young has any more upside whereas some continuity for those two might unlock something.

Wishful thinking I know but its where we are at.

Just seen the score...which in itself evidences the lacklustre interest I have in EFC these days.
The only positive I can muster is that we managed a negative GD of only 1.

NSNO

Name the side Luton beat to win their first Premiership game will be a quiz question used around pubs for decades.

23 shots. Did their keeper have a blinder? Not really.

From Wednesday to this. Do we suffer from Anxiety playing at Goodison?

Name the side Luton beat to win their first Premiership game will be a quiz question used around pubs for decades.

I know a lot of people hate the expected goals chat, but we do look like a real anomaly at the moment. We're underperforming our xG to a remarkable extent. We had 3.65 expected goals against Luton and only managed 1 goal. Over the course of the season so far we've accumulated 14.4 expected goals (enough to put us 7th) but have only scored 6.

Only seems to be an issue at home -- away goals and expected goals are about the same, but at home we've scored 1 goal with an expected goal tally of 8.4.

Hard not to think there's something amiss there.

I only hope that we keep creating chances and that eventually something clicks.

Yes you do pal. The answer to your question is Everton. But no need to be disheartened I seen enough there that will get you points.

TBH having watched both the Villa game and the Luton one , we played a lot like Villa in the Luton game, creating few real chances and unable to defend.
The key difference is Villa were ashamed of losing to us at their ground midweek and came back this weekend and snotted Brighton.
We all know we wont do that and instead will go out with a whimper to Bournmouth next weekend.

It was an entertaining game. Bad that someone had to lose but as long as both teams stay up then I will be happy friends.
I cant remember the exact date or even year as I'm getting old and can hardly remember why I'm in the bathroom half the time, but in the mid 80's, possibly 85 in the middle of Gwladys street was this lonely, quite diminutive, female Luton supporter, had the top on and everything pretty much owning right behind the goal, which was my usual spot about half way up, couldn't believe the brass neck on her but in all honesty, fair play to her!

WAS THIS YOU? ;)💙

I cant remember the exact date or even year as I'm getting old and can hardly remember why I'm in the bathroom half the time, but in the mid 80's, possibly 85 in the middle of Gwladys street was this lonely, quite diminutive, female Luton supporter, had the top on and everything pretty much owning right behind the goal, which was my usual spot about half way up, couldn't believe the brass neck on her but in all honesty, fair play to her!

WAS THIS YOU? ;)💙
Hello pal. Sadly this was not me and even more sadder to say she’s not reflective of the female quality in our city. Maybe she was ringer?

Status
Not open for further replies.