Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also looked decent on the right hand side which is the first time he's been there.

....he did, Matey. I was convinced he’d replace Bernard but he was fine on the right.

He was actually more effective going on the outside of his full back, what we don’t know is how effective his goalscoring will be hitting the box on his left foot.

Keane and Coleman excellent for me. Both had a couple of scary moments but overall very good. How exposed does Walcott leave Seamus, must hate playing with him. Schneiderlin was good too, ran out of legs but expected that, add strength to our set pieces.

Sigurdsson again awful in big matches, ponderous, but put in a massive shift. Pickford saved us on a few occasions.

Overall only happy with the point because it affects them. But we have to do better really, never looked like winning.

Very harsh on Calvert-Lewin that he isn't further up the list for man of the match. Not his biggest fan but he fought VVD tooth and nail, showed some lovely touches and brought us into the game. He may have been tiring, but we could have nicked that if Silva had left him on. Why the hell did he bring on Tosun???

Also, Michael Keane made a lot of positional mistakes, was too slow to too many balls and always looks off balance to me. Don't understand the love in for him. I have my heart in my mouth every time he's near the ball. Don't get me wrong, that last ditch challenge was exceptional, but no way was he MOTM.

The rest of us must have been watching another match.

It makes a nice change having to think about MOTM - there were quite a few really good, solid performances today. For me I thought the defence played well & it's between Digne (who kept Salah quiet for most of the match) and Keane, but went for Keane in the end.
Goodison was the bear pit it used to be and it felt and sounded great - RS fans completely drowned out.
As for Liverpool players laughing cos we're celebrating a 0-0 - you've got it wrong lads, we're celebrating cos you didn't win and you're no longer top of the league because of us. COYB!

Keane and Coleman excellent for me. Both had a couple of scary moments but overall very good. How exposed does Walcott leave Seamus, must hate playing with him. Schneiderlin was good too, ran out of legs but expected that, add strength to our set pieces.

Sigurdsson again awful in big matches, ponderous, but put in a massive shift. Pickford saved us on a few occasions.

Overall only happy with the point because it affects them. But we have to do better really, never looked like winning.

Forget that its liverpool, they were top of the league and in the 2nd half we had a proper go.

....he did, Matey. I was convinced he’d replace Bernard but he was fine on the right.

He was actually more effective going on the outside of his full back, what we don’t know is how effective his goalscoring will be hitting the box on his left foot.

He looked very dangerous as they knew he could cut in on his left. Might actually be a stroke of luck trying him out on that side. I think Bernard done enough to be started on the left and I think DCL done enough to warrant another start away to Newcastle so maybe try Rico on the right because that is deffo one position that's up for grabs

Definitely more fun when the crowd get behind the team. When Lucas was brought down on the edge of the box near the end of the game, he was sitting on the floor and their right back appeared to spit at him. I was in the St end, it was right in front of me, but obviously we don't get replays, but did the TV not pick up on it? Disgraceful behaviour, or I'm hallucinating. Did anybody else see it?

Seeing Salah and Origi on the roster didn't fill me with confidence.

I thought Jags would start, but I guess Silva thought he'd be too risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.