Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy with the point like... but you can't help feeling in a lot of these games against the top 4 that we simply could've achieved more.

I'm praying that, at some point, we'll actually have a team that can regularly compete with (and, put to the sword) these 'big' teams, especially on our own patch.

That being said... COYB.

The players looked like they REALLY cared which was nice. My theory on Walcott is that the board don't want to sell him so Marco's just playing him every game to show everyone how unbelievably cack he is

I mean Liverpool losing 2 pts aside we played well. Goals are going to be tough for us especially against good defenses (and they have a good D this year) but we played well. If we put in that kind of effort in almost every week it sure has hell would be so much more enjoyable to be a everton fan no matter what LFC does.

Klopp for some reason seems to be the 1st manager they've had who has trouble against us since I started watching. For some reason he rests his players for the derby. I mean yea we suck right now and he's gotten away w/ it somewhat, but we can still be a bit plucky every now and then for at the very least for a derby. We are going to have take advantage of this and get some W's before he wises up.

Disagree. Service to him was poor, but for the first time in a long time, he was using his body well. Leaning into the defender if he couldn't win it, showing for the ball and causing about as much trouble as he could given the service and who he was up against.

He didn’t get within 5m of VVD. He was in the side to try and keep the big Nederlander from dictating the play and he did a really poor job of it. Even if you have limited skills you should be able to do the basics and put an opposition player under pressure, knock them about and make them rush their play. DCL did none of them today. I don’t like to criticise anyone in the RBJ (Mirallas could be an exception to that) but DCL showed today an din ten last few weeks that he’s got a long, long way to go if he’s to be anything more than a decent Championship player. Reminds me of Juktevic.

Status
Not open for further replies.