Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying like lol

Just back home now. Fought hard today. But thats what is required in these games (as an absolute minimum). We need to win against these one day very soon. If we don't beat them in the first Derby of next season it will be a decade since we've beaten them. Unacceptable really.

It just didnt break for us in front of goal today. Needed a bit of luck. The best chance they had we created for them! Pickford did well on that one to one.

Not celebrating the draw, but its had an effect on them so its something.

Make no mistake, regardless of what that lot tell you (“yer eds fell off derr lad”), this was their cup final.
Win, lose or draw would make no difference to our disappointing season (save the obvious bragging rights)

Anything other than a win is a massive blow to their title hopes.
Advantage Citeh, curtesy of Everton.
If they lose the title by one point, that’s our doing and that, my fellow blues, would be the sweet nectar at the end of a bitter season :D

Very harsh on Calvert-Lewin that he isn't further up the list for man of the match. Not his biggest fan but he fought VVD tooth and nail, showed some lovely touches and brought us into the game. He may have been tiring, but we could have nicked that if Silva had left him on. Why the hell did he bring on Tosun???

Also, Michael Keane made a lot of positional mistakes, was too slow to too many balls and always looks off balance to me. Don't understand the love in for him. I have my heart in my mouth every time he's near the ball. Don't get me wrong, that last ditch challenge was exceptional, but no way was he MOTM.
Erm........ NO

Calvert Lewin gave everything in a battling performance and fresh legs were needed which was why he was taken off.. Excellent display except for Walcott whose selection constantly baffles me. Great crowd support throughout. We nullified their "superior" players. Came away freezing wet and happy.

Thought they were both excellent, buddy. I think the fact that Zooms didn’t have to launch into any last ditch tackles shows how well he did positionally, but, again, I could well be talking out my hoop.

Happy to see the day when we’re debating which of our two centre halves were more excellent!!
Yep does make a welcome change I thought the 4 defensive players were excellent individually and as a unit.

Gone from what could have been 10 points in front to behind by 1. Yet they are whingeing about us.

Great isn't it? :)

Let's hope Spurs and Chelsea finish them off so City can comfortably drop 4 points against Spurs and Utd and still win the title.

He was grim mate. Might have been different on TV, don't know, but he bottled three or four challenges completely and looked half-arsed throughout.

Drove people in the ground mad. Even if he's a limited player he has to at least show commitment to a challenge and he repeatedly didn't.

I thought he did pretty well mate. Neville on commentary thought he was brilliant.

....what was significant about that cameo is that it allowed an accurate comparison with Walcott. Richarlison doesn’t look flashy but that demonstrated how effective he is. Personally, I won’t forget that.

The only negative from him, is he ball watches. A couple times Coleman was left exposed..but he's significantly better Walcot.

He was grim mate. Might have been different on TV, don't know, but he bottled three or four challenges completely and looked half-arsed throughout.

Drove people in the ground mad. Even if he's a limited player he has to at least show commitment to a challenge and he repeatedly didn't.
Disagree. Service to him was poor, but for the first time in a long time, he was using his body well. Leaning into the defender if he couldn't win it, showing for the ball and causing about as much trouble as he could given the service and who he was up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.