Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turns out the RS now seem to have a new tagline to go alongside their "this means more" (than life). Having perused Twitter and Facebook comments this afternoon it seems their automatic response to any non-Liverpool fan who comments is now "we're rent-free in your head". To be honest I'm not even sure they know what it's supposed to mean, but they've probably seen it elsewhere and are sticking with it.

It’s days like yesterday you get a true understanding of just how many sport broadcast companies are infested with their ‘supporters’. I’ve literally never seen so many replays of a tackle before than I did yesterday after VVDs injury. I’ve never seen so much footage dedicated to a player leaving the field, you could have played ‘Everybody Hurts’ track to it, it was that long. I’ve never seen so much time dedicated to talking about the injury during half time and after the game, I’ve never heard commentators persistently mention it every two minutes during the game. It was absolutely pathetic. BT Sport showed their true colours yesterday. But you only need to look at all their ‘pundits’ and commentators to see where their bias lies.
Someone should put that song over the footage of VVD leaving the pitch and post it on twitter
I think @chicoazul knows that lad Keith on twitter
Maybe he could ask him to do it

Hey guys, haven't posted on here for ages, Spurs fan in peace.

I've watched every game of yours this season, you look solid and DLC is looking great. I am glad we have genuine alternative to Kane for England. I am sure you know this anyway but Pickford is a clown and he will be a serious obstacle to you guys challenging properly. Not only does he throw them in the net regularly, but he comes across a bit stupid. I've seen him make some really bad challenges before, one on Alli two seasons ago, that challenge on VDV was practically assault, but whatever, I am pretty sure Carlo will be looking to replace. A bit of a simialr situation to Chelsea with Kepa though. The manager blatantly knows he isn't good enough but can only publicly back him until a replacement is brought in.

Apart from that you look promising but yeah GK is a major weakness for you. He would have cost you yesterday yet again if it wasn't for a dodgy VAR call. I just can't see you challenging with Pickford in goal, not a title winning keeper.

By the way, delighted to see VAR finally (unjustly) punish Liverpool, who have had all decisions go for them for far too long. They aren't laughing now.

VDV injury blows the league wide open IMO.
And your whole defence stops Spurs from being challengers
3-3 against West Ham

City or Liverpool still.

Im just made up if we can get top 4 - prize money and revenue will allow us FFP wise to spend some more big money and bring in the final 2-3 missing pieces of the jigsaw to challenge next season.
Liverpool wll struggle for top 4
City and Arsenal for me
Spurs Chelsea concede too many
United are poor and the Scum will suffer a massive psychological blow with VVD out for the season
Allison and Thiago out for a few weeks too

So The RS Klopp are to complain to the Football League/FA about Pickford and Richarlison. They make no mention though that their thug VD tried in the first 90 seconds to take out James and DCL which is what he set out to do. Or the Robertson tackle. Plus when VAR goes against them.

Typical of them they like to pick and choose

Everton should make a counter protest about their players conduct.
We have more class than that
Don't forget DBB demanded a full apology off the scum and manure over PBP
The FA and the PL have our back lol

If Mane goes missing for any time at all this year they are finished for this year. Goals will dry up and defense will leak more and more especially from the aerial route.

Some of the pundits saying Pickford did in VD intentionally is beyond ridiculous. The reason it is clear he didn't is that the first part of his body that hit VD hard was his proverbials......in fact I don't know how he wasn't doubled over himself......
Unfortunate what happened to VD but it does happen. I'd be fuming if the shoe was on the other foot but its a flaw in the laws. Richys on the other hand is a rotten tackle. Far worse than what Pickford did. But again there was no intention, just a severe lack of awareness on his part. Some RS gave me abuse when i mentioned Robertson's hack at Allan. Now that is the worst of them all ironically. Full on intention by Robertson (who everyone knows is a snide and who's previous on field comments to officials may have influenced the decisions!!!) and because the player cant brace himself for what happened - it could have had a very bad outcome for Allan. All in all a typical derby with us coming out for only the second time as long as I can remember, on the right side of the dubious decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.