Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that DCL is a forward at this club is embarrassing

Not just a forward, a forward who starts. He has scored 8 goals for us in 60 odd appearances, 2 against Rotherham, 2 against Sunderland, 1 against Ruzemberok. The lad is not good enough. Not interested in his age, Richarlison is young too and is night and day a better footballer. Get rid. Immediately.

Because he's playing on the left. And they're just crowding him out.

Get him central.

He's not the central type either for me. All his goals early in the season came while operating on the left and drifting inside. His movement off the ball and ball retention has been poor. Same can be said about most of our team these past 3 years over all.

Even Martinez had a better “transition year.” And we all know this is just an excuse struggling managers use.
I'd argue we are barely even playing a different brand of football. A few less hoofs sure, but we're just about as clueless as we usually are but more open at the back.

Controlling the game but that lack push in the final third,walcott absolutely useless as is dcl and richarlison needs to stay on his feet more and stop complaining every 2 minutes.

I’ve got no stats to back this up but feels like we don’t seem to do very well in televised matches
Makes sense that. All our games are on tele in aus so explains a lot. This is two very average teams playing very average football. Both will finish top 10. Make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.