Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, with at least two Expected Defeats in the next three games after Leicester at home, this game is truly massive.

The gap to Burnley will surely shrink with those Expected Defeats, so we need as big a buffer as possible by that stage.

Goal difference will be worth a point at the end of the season, but we will definitely take a big hit on that before Leicester away. If we can get to that game level on points or with more points than Burnley, then I'll feel confident of survival.

We can forget any points in the final game - 2 bleedin' days after our penultimate one, so let's hope it's wrapped up by then.
I tend to agree, a win on Wednesday is a necessity but taking a point against Chelsea if we can might prove equally as critical.

Can’t see us winning this. Take a point and move on. We are in dire straits. A win against a poor United team can’t disguise our shortcomings. The reality is we’ve lost more games than Burnley.

We have also won more games than Burnley.

United may be “poor” but they are still a sight better than Leicester.

Newcastle are in cracking form this past couple of months but we beat them.

With ten men.

People shouldn’t build Leicester up into something they are not……a top, in form team.

Three points for us :dance:

I don't fear the likes of Leicester and Chelsea at home home, but I do fear the away games against anyone.
I don’t fear Leicester, I think it will be the best chance of a win for a while as I do fear Chelsea because they will have players desperate to get in the managers plans to play in their fa cup final. A couple of draws would help no end away from home just to prop up the points tally although a win at Watford would be enormous

Last edited:
I don’t fear Leicester, I think it will be the best chance of a win for a while as I do fear Chelsea because they will have players desperate to get in the managers plans to play in their fa and European cup final/semi. A couple of draws would help no end away from home just to prop up the points tally although a win at Watford would be enormous

Chelsea got knocked out of the European Cup

Just noticed the press conference for this on YouTube has been scheduled for today at 1:30pm even though we are now at 2pm. Presume they meant to schedule it for tomorrow on YouTube…

1650291873574.png

God I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.