Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The collapse against Newcastle and the VAR call show exactly why it would be nice to not be grinding out wins every week. Even yesterday we were a few inches from a draw. The next step is when we play well to win easily.

Yes, but good teams win ugly, they win matches where they don’t play well, they see matches out.

Carlo and the players on the pitch showed more composure than the fans in the match thread. For all of Leicester’s dominance they didn’t have a single serious threat, other than the one we almost gifted them. The goal that got them back in the game was a fluke. Other Everton sides would have wilted under the pressure but this on day they didn’t.

Any successful season willfeature ugly wins like this.

Yes, but good teams win ugly, they win matches where they don’t play well, they see matches out.

Carlo and the players on the pitch showed more composure than the fans in the match thread. For all of Leicester’s dominance they didn’t have a single serious threat, other than the one we almost gifted them. The goal that got them back in the game was a fluke. Other Everton sides would have wilted under the pressure but this on day they didn’t.

Any successful season willfeature ugly wins like this.
I know. But we've only won ugly for the most part. That's not what good teams do.

If you've not yet voted for your MotM in the win over Leicester, there's still time as this poll doesn't close to 8.02pm on Sunday ;)

If you've not yet voted for your MotM in the win over Leicester, there's still time as this poll doesn't close to 8.02pm on Sunday ;)

Oh thank god. I’ve a few more analytics to run through. Should have my vote in by the morning. Few strong coffees to get me through the night.

What was the general consensus on that penalty?

I recall seeing that article where the premier league wants teams like Man United and Arsenal and teams like that in the top 6, and honestly that 50:50 penalty against Leicester just felt like one of those decisions where it was for the benefit of those big clubs. When people look back on the season and Leicester finish fifth, they don't talk about that penalty- but it'll be the fact that were out of form.

Reminds me of that goal that didn't count against Man United where Sigurdsson was on the ground and pulled his legs in and they called him offside. It was very clearly a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.