Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what?

What's that saying about if your auntie had balls?

My point was very simple to this;

^ It's all negative and strips out all context and balance, this is some of that;

We played Leicester twice without Ancelotti this season, and lost both times. I don't care if we were winning at points in those games, the outcome was defeat. As it was last season at Goodison as well.

3rd placed Leicester are no mugs - we beat them.

Without Ancelotti, we lose that game yesterday.

Sick of crank fans who do nothing but moan and whine - jokers comparing Ancelotti to Allardyce.
I just wanted to say something nice about my club which is having a good run of results. Not much of that happening here and you risk getting
howled down if you do.

I just wanted to say something nice about my club which is having a good run of results. Not much of that happening here and you risk getting
howled down if you do.

Uncle Vitor: This is terrible. Leicester are in terrible form. Set up to lose. Same as Sam Allardyce.
Me: You're saying they're in terrible form, but they're 3rd, and beat us twice this season.
You: Well, actually.... we were winning in part of those games and they technically didnt beat us over 90 minutes because pens dont count.

That's your something nice?

All considered (part of that is factoring in the opposition and recent results against them), yesterday was a great result. Performance wise, sure improvement needed but Ancelotti is getting the results we need.

As pleased as any result this season.

They're a very good side.

We don't really have a midfield.

Blood from a stone stuff and how wonderful is it to have a pragmatic Everton manager, who has the ability and willingness to change it rather than the same old predictable 'after 60 minute' changes.

Uncle Vitor: This is terrible. Leicester are in terrible form. Set up to lose. Same as Sam Allardyce.
Me: You're saying they're in terrible form, but they're 3rd, and beat us twice this season.
You: Well, actually.... we were winning in part of those games and they technically didnt beat us over 90 minutes because pens dont count.

That's your something nice?

All considered (part of that is factoring in the opposition and recent results against them), yesterday was a great result. Performance wise, sure improvement needed but Ancelotti is getting the results we need.
Yes. And you'll keep seeing lots of glass half full stuff from me about Everton.

The goal difference is distorted by the 4 nil hammering at Chelsea. That was the only game where we really didn't turn up under Ancelotti.

We've ground a lot of narrow wins out. They count for the same number of points as Chelsea got for thumping us.

We also should have 4 more points than we do too. The collapse against Newcastle and the VAR call against United will probably be the difference between getting Europe and missing out.
The collapse against Newcastle and the VAR call show exactly why it would be nice to not be grinding out wins every week. Even yesterday we were a few inches from a draw. The next step is when we play well to win easily.

The collapse against Newcastle and the VAR call show exactly why it would be nice to not be grinding out wins every week. Even yesterday we were a few inches from a draw. The next step is when we play well to win easily.

But thats only done with ruthless finishers in the team - yet you are happy for us to not sign a CF and persist with DCL, Kean & Tosun.

My bottom line is 3 points from a team higher up in the table and 7 out of 9 since the re-start. Hopefully Richie just has a little knock and we can take some confidence and momentum to the Spurs and Soho matches next week. When I think of how this season started it's hard to believe that I am even thinking about thinking about Europe. COYB

You know what, I think we handled the last 25 mins pretty well, after an extremely rocky 20 minutes at the start of the second half. The longer the half went on the less Leicester looked like scoring. That's not normally the case when we try to see out the last quarter of games with a one goal lead.

At last caught up with highlights on youtube. The first goal wass brill, should be down as goal of the season. Sublimely worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.