Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NathDogg

Player Valuation: £950k
People going on about ‘negativity’ obviously didn’t see that the defensive substitutions and change of shape at the right time were the main thing that stopped the overwhelming pressure we were under and nullified the crosses they were swinging in. If Mina didn’t come on for Richy we would have conceded not soon after their first. The tactical tweak was crucial and I’m thrilled we have a manager who has the brain to change when needed
Absolutely bang on the money - Carlo is working wonders with the grocks that Walsh and Koeman/Silva spunked millions on.

Imagine what he will do when he gets decent players who he wants playing for him.

And just we're would we be with the other potential replacements discussed for magic Marco - Moyes and Howe being two.......

jazzy

Player Valuation: £15m
Great win , great shape and organisation. Great tactics .

Getting the best out of a mediocre set of players

superkeeper

Player Valuation: £750k
If you offered me 7 points from 9 having played 1st & 3rd along with 20th, I'd have taken that.

Looking back, even though they had the possession and looked threatening going forward, goal aside (which was fortunate in itself) I struggle to remember any shots they had on target. Granted we didn't have many chances after we went 2 up, but while we weren't stringing it together in attack, our defense did snuff them out on the whole, which is quite refreshing and it shows what having a manager like Ancelotti can do to a team. This isn't even his team and he's getting the best that you can reasonably expect with this crop of players.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
that's a game we would have ended up losing 3-2 or 4-2 under Silva. Tactical substitutions worked a treat. Looked solid and worked hard. It's a win that will do a lot for confidence

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks