Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve got us getting 2 points from the next 3 games....

Villa H - Draw
Arsenal A - Lose
Forest A - Draw
Could very well be but I'd be hoping for 4 there. 10 points from 18 available not too shabby and would probably keep us out the bottom three. That said, we'll be right back in if with the fixtures that come up after that... scary. Let's just get 7 points ffs.

Could very well be but I'd be hoping for 4 there. 10 points from 18 available not too shabby and would probably keep us out the bottom three. That said, we'll be right back in if with the fixtures that come up after that... scary. Let's just get 7 points ffs.
You would think we`d do well to beat Villa, that might happen. Dont see anything at Arsenal and Forest are on an unbeaten run at home so cant see us winning there...

I mean it could as easily be 7 points or zero points....

In fairness, he played the through ball to Seamus
He did mate and it was a cracker, but he was almost on the halfway line when he hit it. Watch him when the ball goes near him in or close to the box, and all he wants to do is get rid! we MUST get our midfielders weighing in with goals, or we are in trouble!

McNeil low cross across goal
Tarkowski header from corner
Maupay header cleared off line
Goalie coming out and McNeil with an empty net
Doucoure 1 on 1
Onana set up by gueye

Yes we scored a weird flukey winner but can’t tell me we didn’t deserve the win and should have scored more

All of this without Dominic Calvert-Lewin, gray and Gordon
Just goes to show how a manager with the tactical nous to make the system fit the players, rather than play one that clearly doesn't fit them, can transform a team's fortunes.

Positives - huge win, does damage to a direct rival, looked solid at the back, Pickford didn't have much to do, starting to make Goodison a horrible place to go again

Negatives - looked clueless in terms of constructing any sort of attacking move, solely reliant on set pieces, major lack of technical ability

Delighted with the win but we've been so bad I don't think like we're suddenly going to pull away. This is going to be an almighty struggle up until the last day.

What was with the announcement yesterday about people who continue to stand they will be ejected? Normally in a comatose state of boredom watching us but cant say I've heard that before

Status
Not open for further replies.