Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t agree that service to the strikers is poor…. It’s the attitude of our strikers that is poor.

If DCL had a run of games then things would be different… that match sharpness would get him on the end of many of the balls in to the box.

Unfortunately he is not likely to have those run of games.

Maupay is useless….

Simms is our big hope and would put faith in him giving him a run of games now to build his confidence.

We are largely incapable of forming attacking moves that pull opposition defences and midfields out of shape. We are a disgrace to watch going forward and I'm not having 2 1-0 wins from a set piece and a very rare strike change that.

However I also agree with the attitude point. Some damning moments from Maupay on Saturday where he was nowhere near where he should have been

I think as an attacking force we're just so scarred from a confidence point of view that we genuinely don't know how to construct effective attacks so we are reduced to moments, set pieces.

Don’t agree that service to the strikers is poor…. It’s the attitude of our strikers that is poor.

If Dominic Calvert-Lewin had a run of games then things would be different… that match sharpness would get him on the end of many of the balls in to the box.

Unfortunately he is not likely to have those run of games.

Maupay is useless….

Simms is our big hope and would put faith in him giving him a run of games now to build his confidence.
We are largely incapable of forming attacking moves that pull opposition defences and midfields out of shape. We are a disgrace to watch going forward and I'm not having 2 1-0 wins from a set piece and a very rare strike change that.

However I also agree with the attitude point. Some damning moments from Maupay on Saturday where he was nowhere near where he should have been

I think as an attacking force we're just so scarred from a confidence point of view that we genuinely don't know how to construct effective attacks so we are reduced to moments, set pieces.
Gosh you must have come away from the game a very angry man. I rushed away after the game cos it was freezing but everyone I saw was looking very happy. Don't understand your negativity.

I watched Leeds against United and they looked good so I was really worried.

I could not believe how poorly they played and in a way it was just like EFC at RS.
A surrender with a goalkeeping howler thrown in.

EFC are a poor team but Leeds look poorer but that was last week and that can quickly change.
The thing about Dyche and this was what was so disappointing in the derby is that his teams
always work harder than the opposition. If he can keep that dynamic then I pray EFC can survive.

I go to bed at halftime (Saturday night for me) of the Villa/Arsenal game with some trepidation. What are the football gods going to produce, what am I going to wake up to?

Bloody hell, a win???

When I saw that it was Coleman that scored. I thought maybe it was a scrappy, contested ball that bounced to him and he just knocked it in. But no, I was dumbfounded at the goal. A right-footed Roberto Carlos.

There seems to be quite a fair bit of discussion out there about the other scores going up on the scoreboard , I’m just interested in the thoughts of other fans who where there. Because of the nature of Southampton , Bournemouth and when they popped up with 5 mins to go palace winning I think it had a slightly detrimental effect on the atmosphere.

As it happens I’m probably in favour of the scores , certainly at halftime and particularly as I have zero signal at the ground but I wonder if it’s always a good idea during the match particularly if the scores are against us .

I’m only mentioning it because I’ve seen others discussing it and I’m genuinely interested.

There seems to be quite a fair bit of discussion out there about the other scores going up on the scoreboard , I’m just interested in the thoughts of other fans who where there. Because of the nature of Southampton , Bournemouth and when they popped up with 5 mins to go palace winning I think it had a slightly detrimental effect on the atmosphere.

As it happens I’m probably in favour of the scores , certainly at halftime and particularly as I have zero signal at the ground but I wonder if it’s always a good idea during the match particularly if the scores are against us .

I’m only mentioning it because I’ve seen others discussing it and I’m genuinely interested.

I don’t think it affects much - at this stage of the season, might do if it goes to the last couple of games. Probably best if they just have them at half and full time though.

Anyone remember the alphabet system before we had a scoreboard?

I don’t think it affects much - at this stage of the season, might do if it goes to the last couple of games. Probably best if they just have them at half and full time though.

Anyone remember the alphabet system before we had a scoreboard?
I never really thought much about it but those scores coming was a little deflating on Saturday given how much the points meant . I’m not sure there is any way around it to be honest, other than I suppose sticking to HT/FT and only mentioned it as I’ve seen arguments online .

I also definitely remember the alphabet system and checking it in the programme .

I never really thought much about it but those scores coming was a little deflating on Saturday given how much the points meant . I’m not sure there is any way around it to be honest, other than I suppose sticking to HT/FT and only mentioned it as I’ve seen arguments online .

I also definitely remember the alphabet system and checking it in the programme .
I also get zero signal at the ground, and I'd prefer it if the other scores were kept to HT. It doesn't seem like so long ago that a radio and earpiece (plus a pained expression) was mandatory kit for quite a few who wished to add even more stress to their afternoon at the match.

I also get zero signal at the ground, and I'd prefer it if the other scores were kept to HT. It doesn't seem like so long ago that a radio and earpiece (plus a pained expression) was mandatory kit for quite a few who wished to add even more stress to their afternoon at the match.
Funny enough It was only about a year ago I saw a bloke with a radio and the aerial extended at the ground and it was a real blast from the past .

Status
Not open for further replies.