Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit I haven't seen much of Leeds this season but are they really that good. Reading some posts here it's like we are going playing bayern munich.
Defensively we may not be great but there is no way they have players the quality of richy, James or dcl.
They have the types of players that we don't tend to deal with well, is the point.

I'm not saying any of them are individually better than a lot of ours (Raphinia is a real talent though).

They just work hard, are very, very fit (we're not) and play with real pace and intensity.

The other teams we've faced like that this season are Liverpool and Southampton.

The derby was mad and we were abysmal vs Southampton, obviously.

If we get it right we can be confident, but any mistakes will be punished, and we've been making a ton of mistakes lately.

It's going to be absolutely dreadful, based on the state of the group chat.

Ending in tears for somebody. My past experiences make me think it's us... Hoping if I'm overly pessimistic, we'll batter them, but honestly today I can't see it.
It’s going be a good game mate. Anyone could win it but we are way better than them mate. Don’t let them in numbers give it the large to you, newly promoted and 15th in the league. Think we can put 3 or 4 passes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.