Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have gone 3rd with a win, imagine that. More euphoria and then another reality check. Everyone knows we have major faults, a poor squad and a manager struggling with the immensity of the task facing him. He can't make silk purses out of... I forget the saying.

Baffling tactics, to stop Leeds you have to stop Phillips, look at their form with and without him. Can't believe the amount of time we gave him constantly. Genuinely couldn't believed we didn't think to put a man on him or at least drop Dom on him when they had the ball.
Too many of this squad just seem passengers, first 7/8 games it felt like the new signings had caused some competition in the squad that everyone seemed to want to play and had raised performance levels massively. Too many of them just lose confidence at the first setback (in this case the Southampton game and arguably the derby).
The likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Keane, Bernard, Siggy, Mina just seem to have reverted back to the mentality of going through the motions, the lack of intensity to get back into games or have any belief they can match the opposition is incredible. Need some big leaders in the next few windows

A lot of discussion around our brave lionhearts’ fitness. I think we should be careful here; if the lads do not want to get really fit, then that is that. Try to push the issue and there is a danger the lads simply ‘down tools’. Perhaps a 10k per week cash incentive for players able to meet certain fitness criteria might work, but I suspect most of our lionhearts will not be bothered (or require more cash).
<sighs> ...oh well, at least our brave lads do a good job dressing up as elves for Blue Chrimbo. Lovely lads are our brave lionhearts.

I wasn't referring just to yesterday's match.
Moving this so I don't have to listen to @Blues Harp play policeman.

What I said holds. The games we faded in were Brighton, West Brom and Fulham. Maybe you could add Newcastle. But 3 of the 4 we had two goal leads when we switched off.

The other defeats we were worse in the first half or at least as bad. The games where we've had to hold a 1 goal lead we've done it. I just don't see it as fitness when it isn't the same weekly. I mean even yesterday we chased the game pretty hard after conceding even though it was fruitless.

Hope things gonna be better in the near future. So many matches too fast in december are coming. New opportunities. A big challenge to make a comeback or... just fall close to relegation zone.

Whay a pity Digne injury!

Allan & Pickford good players.

Delph performance was a waste of time!

There's not much difference between playing home and away right now so defeat at Goodison is no great thing.

We failed to take chances - Richy in particular - and we'll probably take them next time and win 5-0. Move on.

There's not much difference between playing home and away right now so defeat at Goodison is no great thing.

We failed to take chances - Richy in particular - and we'll probably take them next time and win 5-0. Move on.
Or if your the likes of Carragher, who only seen one half of the pitch 1st half it seemed like- we got battered and it should have been 6-2 lol.
1st half was a lot end to end and as you say we didnt take our chances, draw was a fair result to me and dont think anyone deserved to lose myself

Doucoure chance, Holgate chance, Rich save, 2 disallowed goals, 2nd half Lewin start of 2nd wide, James Lob, rich scuffed shot wide a 0-0 later in half, and the odd other chance to name a few of our chances

Totally ruined the weekend for me this game. Only just looked at the rest of the weekend results 5 minutes a go.

If we had actually tried to win this game we'd have pushed ourselves back in to the top 4. Which could have fixed some of the poor performances in the previous 4 games. But no. Garbage again. Yes injuries didn't help, but rubbish formation and lack of effort from some were the main issue.

Just one final point from me...

This Everton team/squad is still missing a leader. They are all shrinking violets. We need someone out there to demand a performance from every single one of those over paid Pre Madonna’s.
Totally agree that’s clear as day,no leaders on the pitch nobody to keep the players on there toes,to demand 100% every game nobody there

Status
Not open for further replies.