Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true.

The team haven't looked properly fit since Moyes left.

My main worry with it is that it has been a trend with Carlo sides.

His Bayern team organised extra sessions in order to boost their own fitness.

We have some players who are naturally fit but even they look goosed after an hour.

No pre-season hasn't helped. It's obviously a big factor, and it's dangerous to push them too far now because of the risk of injuries, but we should be fitter. Our players shouldn't be getting to HT looking ragged.

3 of 15 in last 5 games, with two wins, we could be at the top. Our intesity dropped but don't think the fitness is issue, self belief is too low, hope with few fine preformances we can be on the track again. Also we miss man on the pitch who can raise his voice and give kick to his teammates.

Remember the heady days when we, the matchgoing fans, were at fault for pedestrian, lacklustre performances at Goodison....
I absolutely can’t wait when we get a hold of Everton at Goodison park. The opposition will be the last thing they’ll need to worry about.

Totally ruined the weekend for me this game. Only just looked at the rest of the weekend results 5 minutes a go.

If we had actually tried to win this game we'd have pushed ourselves back in to the top 4. Which could have fixed some of the poor performances in the previous 4 games. But no. Garbage again. Yes injuries didn't help, but rubbish formation and lack of effort from some were the main issue.
Trust Everton not to take advantage of a good opportunity.

Moyes 5th

Could have been us
Not sure I would want him back, but he has been the best manager we've had since the mid 80's.

I think it's going to take another summer before we see 5th, this season will be a rollercoaster because of the Koeman/Walsh signings we are stuck with.

A little over 24 hours left if you're still to cast your vote for MotM vs Leeds, poll closes at 7,29pm UK time Thursday ;);)

Not even close for me, thought Allan was excellent. First time I’ve seen what he actually does.

Hopefully it’s not too long until I see what Doucoure does.

Absolutely bizarre mate I've seen the word outplayed used by about 4 different people and can't believe they were watching the same game.
A team just promoted from the championship comfortably outplayed a team put together costing hundreds of millions. Even if we weren't outplayed(we were) it was still a home game against a promoted side and we should be winning, not being constantly peppered at goal.

My main worry with it is that it has been a trend with Carlo sides.

His Bayern team organised extra sessions in order to boost their own fitness.

We have some players who are naturally fit but even they look goosed after an hour.

No pre-season hasn't helped. It's obviously a big factor, and it's dangerous to push them too far now because of the risk of injuries, but we should be fitter. Our players shouldn't be getting to HT looking ragged.

In an ideal world we'd pinch Atleticos training staff, they get thier players working till they die

Status
Not open for further replies.