Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt uneasy going into this match, felt justified in that feeling for 70 minutes.

I’d just started to settle, content in thinking we’d got away with it. They were starting to tire, they looked poor in the box and our subs had taken the wind out of their sales. Then bam.

Nothing less than they deserved, though. We were poor, they worked like hell.

It’s on the young players to impress the manager in training not the manager to impress the players

And you mean to tell me Delph, Sigs Bernard, Mina can ...

impress?

I got a cactus in the living room here that would be more effective than them on the field

Carlo is heading for the sack if he continues to ignore the likes of Niels and Anthony Gordon

We had enough chances to get something from that. Poor finishing from a couple of players. I expect a lot more from Richarlison especially. Made a complete hash of that chance right before we conceded.

Allan looks sharp again. We need a defensive beast to sit in front of the back to let him get up and down the pitch more. Hopefully Gblammo is the answer, but an answer we'll be waiting a long time for.

I know people slated Godfrey for standing off but I thought generally he was good. Seems to have good defensive instincts and athleticism to match. I think he'll be a very good player for us.

The most frustrating aspect of today is the selection. We seem too fearful. I'd much rather give Nkounkou a go, and go for it, then slug up the pitch with our wingbacks. Then again, how many youths have we hailed as our saviours only for them to end up playing in the championship?

They were the better side, one goal win for them about right. No point trying to convince yourself we deserved more.

You get what you deserve in life. However the Var call 1st half looks badly off for me. That would make it 1-1.

We are not playing well curently, but if we were in any way clinical we would have scored a hatful. You miss loads of chances though, and generally speaking you lose.

Midfield, well one person in particular, was the issue. Not dominating and getting pushed back, leaving a massive void yet again

I just can’t understand how runners aren’t either picked up or passed on

Status
Not open for further replies.