Match Thread Everton v Huddersfield 02/12/2017 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The place improvement will come if we do that, yes. But imagine the boost if we climb three or four places this weekend?

And if we do there will be some people wondering even more why we had to hit the panic button.

...it’s an almost hypothetical point, Dave. The improvement might just be down to the impact of change. I’m of a view that the midweek result was lots down to Allardyce’s appointment.

Woke this morning looking forward to the match which didnt think I would be...maybe win in midweek in tandem with new manager? Whatever.. starting to get those pre match butterflies...and sons just said "Suppose we have got to give BFS a chance Dad" 3-1 Up the toffees

DCL will have impressed Sam enough on Wednesday to have earned a starting spot today.
I doubt DCL will start: not because of any criticism of the young lad, but rather I think Niasse's physicality will appeal to Sam more.

Apart from that I'd expect a similar team to be fielded, although it's a new era he may make some changes that we aren't expecting.

Heard him interviewed on the radio today and he was banging on about how important the "experienced" players were for his plans. I don't expect he'll be playing the kids much in his 18 months.
Oh excellent, the experienced players that have done so well thus far. Williams, Schneiderlin, Baines and Martina...absolutely irreplaceable :coffee:

Yeah he was brilliant when he he had an hour to decide what to do with the ball, before promptly passing it directly to their player, a move which then led to a penalty shortly after. Really good!

He'll be playing, though, as we have nobody else. So yes, it'll likely be the same team imo.
“Martina stands in well but he's not really a left-back even though he did fantastic on Wednesday.

“He marked Marko Arnautovic out of the game, he got him subbed and I always say to a full-back when they get the winger subbed: 'What a great job you've done tonight lad'.

“Antonio came on and that shows the respect of the opposition manager that he changed a player they paid £24m from Stoke for and he never got a kick.

“So he had a great game and we got a clean sheet”.

I guess the new manager agrees with me.

1-1
We will constantly hoof the ball to DCL / niasse but the ball will get knocked back, due to Huddersfield pressing
Not optimistic

This is 1 of our easiest fixtures of the season on paper but I'm sure Huddersfield will also see it as a good chance for an away win. I fancy us to sneak it with siggurdson being instrumental again. He was written off way to quickly by a lot of our fans

Status
Not open for further replies.