Match Thread Everton v Huddersfield 02/12/2017 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d leave the back 4 alone after a clean sheet, including Martina at left back. Unlike everyone else it seems who decided he played absolutely gash again before we’d even kicked off, I thought he was sound.

I’d leave the back 4 alone after a clean sheet, including Martina at left back. Unlike everyone else it seems who decided he played absolutely gash again before we’d even kicked off, I thought he was sound.
Yeah he was brilliant when he he had an hour to decide what to do with the ball, before promptly passing it directly to their player, a move which then led to a penalty shortly after. Really good!

He'll be playing, though, as we have nobody else. So yes, it'll likely be the same team imo.

The only changes I'd consider today is the Prince for dcl and if we bring Keane In maybe shove Kenny Lb and Holgate Rb. I wouldn't be surprised though if big Sam brings in Schneiderlin for Davies to be a bit more solid, not that I'd agree.

The important thing today is not to concede first. I'm sure even if it's 0-0 at half time we can grind them down 2nd half attacking the street end.

It looks like the only change we could possibly make at the back would be Keane for Williams, and I am hoping we do that. That'd not only give Keane a chance to shine without one of the crabs alongside him, but also be a show of faith in Holgate. Was Jagielka injured on Weds? I know he wasn't in the squad but didn't hear of an injury. Anyway, Martina will surely play left back with Baines out for a few weeks.

I think Wayne will start deeper again, so running the game from behind the number 10, which will be Sigurdsson.

Although DCL played well against WHU, he didn't offer a threat on goal, plus Niasse will be super fit and ought to start up top.

Lemon was decent midweek but, again, a fit and hungry Vlasic may be a better option.

Only other change I can foresee would be Schneiderlin for Davies, but I'd say that depends on how fresh young Tom is. If he's fit for an hour he needs to start ahead of Schneiderlin.

My team - 4-3-2-1

Pickford, Kenny Holgate Keane Martina, Gueye Rooney Davies, Sigurdsson Vlasic, Niasse

Give Sig and Vlasic licence to roam behind Oumar.

Interesting who Sam choose today. They will hopefully be more or less, part of a consistent set up.

I think to much rotation, and out of position players, has been one of our main problems.

Trying not to have to high expectations, soo i go for a X. Or 1-1

COYB

With a bit of luck we can find ourselves 9th tonight.

Of those blocking our way:

Leicester face Burnley - tough game with Burnley in that form
Brighton face Liverpool who are in good form again
Newcastle away to Chelsea - only one result there

Tomorrow Southampton have a derby against B'mouth, so bound to be close.

With a bit of luck we can find ourselves 9th tonight.

Of those blocking our way:

Leicester face Burnley - tough game with Burnley in that form
Brighton face Liverpool who are in good form again
Newcastle away to Chelsea - only one result there

Tomorrow Southampton have a derby against B'mouth, so bound to be close.

...we just need to look after ourselves, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.