Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted, just gutted.

Ref was absolutely atrocious - definitely told to try and stop our momentum. I’ve never seen a home team penalised as much as we get, it’s laughable. Really don’t like Fulham’s antics from one to eleven - don’t remember Everton under silva acting like that?

We Did well to get back into the game after not playing great, and then we’ve just got to get the job done on pens - most of ours were great tbh, and Pickford was very unlucky on most of there’s.

Dont pile in on Onana and Gana, not sure they should have been taking them at those points, and I hope Amadou learns a huge lesson there, just snot it lad, no trying to look clever.

Onward to spurs who we can get at, but we need more energy and organisation from minute one - hope a few injuries come back sooner rather than later.

I'm absolutely gutted. Another season down the shoot. The crowd's reaction to Onana completely clowning the winning penalty was objectively hilarious. I'm devastated to go out but even I can appreciate the crowd reaction anticipating a huge celebration following Onana slotting to the air being let out of a balloon. I still can't believe the STATE of his penalty then he had the audacity to console Gueye!

Well dont get ahead of yourself. League is critical and we are still climbing a mountain. That cup would be nice but it has less impact than the winner of Strictly. We have conceded one in five games.
Yeah, but the bottom three are absolutely woeful and Forest is on a downturn too, to the point of firing the manager. I just don't think we're really in enough trouble to worry that much about at this point, unless things really fall apart.

The club needs silverware again at some point or we're forever going to be stuck with this losing mentality, and this cup was just sitting there on a plate for us, given the other teams left and our recent run of form.

But we threw it away as usual.

I'm absolutely gutted. Another season down the shoot. The crowd's reaction to Onana completely clowning the winning penalty was objectively hilarious. I'm devastated to go out but even I can appreciate the crowd reaction anticipating a huge celebration following Onana slotting to the air being let out of a balloon. I still can't believe the STATE of his penalty then he had the audacity to console Gueye!
It was a pen... if the keeper goes early the narrative is different... Its the modern way... players do this... live with it...

Yeah, but the bottom three are absolutely woeful and Forest is on a downturn too, to the point of firing the manager. I just don't think we're really in enough trouble to worry that much about at this point, unless things really fall apart.

The club needs silverware again at some point or we're forever going to be stuck with this losing mentality, and this cup was just sitting there on a plate for us, given the other teams left and our recent run of form.

But we threw it away as usual.
Given the other teams left it was hardly a given.

I'm gutted for my lad. It's just the same crap season after season.

I think that'll have taken a lot out of the players tonight and now we're expecting them to bounce back against Spurs.
Yeah, worried about that too. I wasn't too afraid of Spurs before this, with our recent away form and their penchant for leaking goals. But the players looked dead on their feet the last 10 minutes. Winning would have kept the positive feelings going, at least, but losing that way in particular means the emotion isn't likely to be there to make up for the physical fatigue.

It was a pen... if the keeper goes early the narrative is different... Its the modern way... players do this... live with it...
Not really. Players that take those modern penalties wait until the keeper has committed and dived the other way before passing it at a snail pace in the other direction.

I've seen Everton win 2 titles, 2 FA Cups and a ECWC mate.

We need to recognise that we have 21 PL cup finals before now and the seasons end...as we might even have another points deduction forced on us by the scum PL.
And yet for a ridiculous reason you'd rather we didn't take a shot at another because we might get clawed back by three of the worst performing teams in the PL since it's inception even though we've played to a level of 26pts(3 times as many as 3rd last)...even with a 10pt deduction we are 7 above them...mid table is our destination, cup final or not, and have you never heard of winning momentum?

Another points deduction. Give me a break. Serious gravitation to misery you have.

Still haven't explained why West Ham can play far more games and still do well though have you?
I'll answer it for you. They train a little less when they have more games. It has always been the way for successful teams. Sometimes the fatigue shows, most times it doesn't
They are in Europe, they won a trophy last year
Meanwhile you think having seen us win in the 80s and one cup in the 90s justifies no ambition now

Anyway we lost, congrats

Given the other teams left it was hardly a given.
Nothing's ever really a given, but this was as close to it as we're likely to see for a long time. No City, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Newcastle, etc., so just Chelsea (who we just beat) and the RS (who aren't likely to care so much about this when they're chasing the league title and Europa League), and with a little luck only one of those two if you get Boro in the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.