Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Liverpool are still in it, it would have been a chance but not an amazing chance. I know we beat Chelsea but they’ll have their full focus on this too to try and save their season a bit.

Probably, but trust me there won’t be many semi finals in future where there is no City, Arsenal, Man U, Spurs or Newcastle.

But yes you’re right we would’ve just bottled it at a later date anyway. Loser mentality

While Liverpool are still in it, it would have been a chance but not an amazing chance. I know we beat Chelsea but they’ll have their full focus on this too to try and save their season a bit.
It would have been nice to have another crack at them where it meant something to us aswell, but come the Goodison league Derby we will just roll over for their imminent title charge as we will be out of everything and safely mid table in the league.

Probably, but trust me there won’t be many semi finals in future where there is no City, Arsenal, Man U, Spurs or Newcastle.

But yes you’re right we would’ve just bottled it at a later date anyway. Loser mentality
The key this season is staying up after a 10 point deduction, would be a bigger achievement than winning this cup which will probably be scrapped in the next few years. I’ll take 12 points out of 12 above getting through tonight.

Remembered for years that we went out in the quarter finale of the carabao cup? We really have fallen that far?
We haven't won anything since 1995. 30 years . We haven't fallen. We took the stairs. We have been down there a long time. And yes. Quater final and losing on a peno shootout will be remembered for years. That's just the way the game is unfortunately.

The key this season is staying up after a 10 point deduction, would be a bigger achievement than winning this cup which will probably be scrapped in the next few years. I’ll take 12 points out of 12 above getting through tonight.

Yes I agree but those 12 points have already been achieved now.

We have fans who haven’t seen us even get to a final never mind win a cup. Some haven’t even seen us get to a semi.

I was talking to blue in work and he was saying his kids are in seniors and they’ve never seen us win a derby at Goodison. There’s something seriously wrong with that.

We all know the rs will win it on penalties, at least it won't be against us!

That just shows that it’s not a lottery. The same way England aren’t good at penalties in major tournaments but the Italians and Germans are. Liverpool have an unbelievable penalty record so if it’s a lottery how is that the case? It isn’t and never has been. The same way every single player on the pitch in the second CL final between Atletico and Real Madrid knew that Real would be winning that cup.

It comes down to mentality, and the only way you build that as a club is by actually getting over the line in some of these shoot outs and not doing stupid nonsense like this.

If Liverpool and Everton ended up in a penalty shoot out to decide a league cup then every one of their players and fans would expect them to win it and our players and fans would expect to lose. Because shoot outs are down to mentality and are not a lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.