Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me that’s the infuriating side of Dyche. He seems to be a stubborn fecker. The first half performance was enough to change the system. Taking Harrison and DCL off was wrong imo. There was no service for DCL and Harrison was one of the better performances. Should’ve put Godfrey at LB and go 442. Gueye taking pen. Fair play for stepping up but was there nobody else.
Fulham were really poor. We’ve gifted them the semi final there. Really disappointing and tbh as good as Dyche has done with team spirit etc there will always be this inability to see the changes needed that will always hang over him.
Went on a bit of a rant after the Brighton game, mostly because of this, and I stand by it, though I have laid off the arguments for a long time as recent results papered over things for a while. There was no point in ruining the good vibes, so to speak.

But there is no plan B, virtually ever, unless it is absolutely forced on him. In the recent run, sheer force of will and team spirit have gone a long way. But that cannot work forever, and we saw the other side of it tonight.

This was a game that was crying out for tactics - something other than hoof it and hope. But he just doesn't have it in him, not on the fly within the confines of the 90 minutes.

We didn't adapt to the windy conditions at all tonight. Pickford, Tarkowski and Keane guilty of over hitting everything due to the wind. Pickford was still doing it after 82 minutes and blaming the wind.....well yeah mate it hadn't changed from minute 1.

BUT

Apart from the last 10 minutes (where we were really poor and run ragged) we kept pushing and probing and deserved our equaliser.

I'm trying to look for positives but I'm just sick of moments like tonight when you feel we've got a chance to make a step in the right direction and something or someone just absolutely screws it up. Just absolutely sick of it happening.
Feel the same. I haven't felt this down after a loss in a long time, to be honest.

You have zero evidence to support that. Nothing.
Explain how west ham can play a lot more than 3 extra games with very little changes and we can't manage a few cup matches. You revel in our underachievement
It's your happy zone
I've seen Everton win 2 titles, 2 FA Cups and a ECWC mate.

We need to recognise that we have 21 PL cup finals before now and the seasons end...as we might even have another points deduction forced on us by the scum PL.

Look at it from an objective perspective lads: we were the worse team in that match. End of. Fulham had an opportunity to make it 2-1 in I think the 94th or 95th min but some lucky block stopped it. On top of that, we couldn’t string any passes together so unlike Fulham who seemed to atleast get the basics right whilst our lads were clowning around trying to do fancy turns and flicks whilst failing the bread and butter of footy.

On top of that, our players in that starting XI were not our best. We were missing so many core players, including arguably THE core player with doucs. So let’s not get down because of a penalty shootout and forget our current league form which is absolutely mental, although we’ll go through a tough couple of games vs spurs and city which we’ll most likely lose due to injuries, when everyone is back fit and firing we are gonna be unstoppable mark my words. There will be other cups, and we still have the FA cup as well, chin up lads.

On a side note, don’t fume at Onana, Keane is for me the real culprit as scoring that OG completely changed the complexion of the side and the tactics as well as the Atmosphere at Goodison. That said, we still didn’t deserve to win the game imho. I’d bet good money the rs win the whole thing and we’re not better than them so let’s not get carried away in la la land and what aboutery if Jimmy G took the pen over Onana.
That own goal was a fluke.Keane tried to make up for it smashed his penalty in.Gana Gueye hit the post,Onana hit his like a 3 year old.

To be honest, I don't believe Everton will win this Cup in my great grandchilds lifetime. And they haven't been born yet.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the cup is scrapped soon with the new CL format starting next year. They’re already scrapping the two legged semi finals from next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.