Everton v F.C. Porto, August 3rd, KO 16:00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....after this game, it is a difficult start to the season. I always think it's tough playing a newly promoted side first up, and then we have Arsenal and Chelsea in quick succession. We started last year slow, which was understandable but I'm hoping for a little better than 3 points. To a certain extent, it might set our stall for the season, although I'm not too sure how much tomorrow's game matters.
I don't disagree, but our main new signings this summer are Barry and Lukaku: hopefully they will not need the usual transition period to get used to playing alongside new teammates, because that's not the situation they're actually in. I can see the team being more "game ready" than they were in the opening three fixtures last season. We also won't be struggling to adapt to a recently installed new system and tactics, like we were last year. Arsenal and Chelsea on the other hand will be bedding in new players and adjusting to departures. I can see us bagging between five and seven points from these first three fixtures.

I don't disagree, but our main new signings this summer are Barry and Lukaku: hopefully they will not need the usual transition period to get used to playing alongside new teammates, because that's not the situation they're actually in. I can see the team being more "game ready" than they were in the opening three fixtures last season. We also won't be struggling to adapt to a recently installed new system and tactics, like we were last year. Arsenal and Chelsea on the other hand will be bedding in new players and adjusting to departures. I can see us bagging between five and seven points from these first three fixtures.

...what a bonus it would be to get a win a Leicester. Very tough ask.

no it was not included in the pre season package . i was considering getting a bein sport online account for the league and use a vpn may get it tonight
i think everton tv are planning to show it for free, as a thank you for the support it worked a treat last year when we played our only pre season game at home.

i think everton tv are planning to show it for free, as a thank you for the support it worked a treat last year when we played our only pre season game at home.

I wouldnt be suprised as they did the same last year . i was out when i found out and got most of it on the phone

Right lids.... I'm gonna be there tomorrow/ today now ,,,anyone fancy meeting up I'm gonna be in the Thomas Frost from lunchtime... Just look for the handsome lad.... He'll be sat next to me ha ha...

Reactions: FTY

Looking forward to this as I know the new look Porto a bit better with Lopetegui, Tello et al on board - I expect very big things from them so it will be a nice early test for Everton too

Chance for some of you to get a look at the next big midfield talent in Spain, Oliver Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.