Everton v Crystal Palace. 30 Sep at 2000.

How long did your Christmas selection boxes last?

• Boxing Day

Votes: 73 41.5%
  • New Year

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • Back to school

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • March

Votes: 32 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going tonight with my little boy, too late for my little girl (bloody Friday night games!) Can see us beating Palace 2-0, hopefully with Bolasie grabbing one for us.
Gonna get the ground early and try and have a few cheeky ones as its a Friday night!!
sure why not, its the weekend :)

Lineup time;

Stek
Coleman Jagielka Williams Oviedo
Barry Gueye
Deulofeu Barkley Bolasie
Lukaku
for me we have to play Holgate instead of Oviedo who last week looked so slow which drew Ashley Williams out to cover for him which imo cost us the space in midfield as we defended too deep -
I am sure Holgate is fast enough to keep their wide men quiet, and can bomb forwards his last game for us I had him as near MOTM = dropped its not right imo!
I have no faith in Oviedo his injury unfortunately has halved his pace imo!

Stek
Holgate Jagielka Williams Coleman
Barry Gueye
Lennon Deulofeu Bolasie
Lukaku

Is what i'd go with. I know Coleman is not a left back but he has played there before (unsuccessfully although that was some time ago) and I'd prefer him to either Oviedo or Mori. In fact I'd play Connolly there before either of them 2.

I think Lennon now deserves a crack as Mirallas has been poor for a few weeks (which also gives us the option of bringing a fire up Mirallas on against a tired defence) and I'd ideally like Barkley to play centre midfield before Barry, despite his Barry's good form.

Obviously I don't see that happening so i'd take Barkley out all together. I don't think he's a number 10 and I'd take him out whilst he's having a tough time if that's the only place were we can shoe horn him in. I'm also a huge Delefeou fan and prefer him up top or through the middle, not on the wing.

Stek
Holgate Jags Williams Mori/coleman
Barry Gueye
Miralles
Lennon Lukaku Bolasie

Lennon on the right so he can help cover defensively too, as they play with wingers.

Can't moan about favourites and then proceed to pick players who don't deserve to be playing so Geri and Ross on the bench for me.

I can see a really big performance tonight. Koeman's highlighting of players not living up to his pressing game must surely have been drilled into them over the past week. Given his frank no nonsense approach, I wouldn't like to be the player who fails to execute their role 2 weeks in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.