Everton v Crystal Palace. 30 Sep at 2000.

How long did your Christmas selection boxes last?

• Boxing Day

Votes: 73 41.5%
  • New Year

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • Back to school

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • March

Votes: 32 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but need to get it off my chest.
For the last 6 weeks I've been suffering from a condition called fourth cranial nerve palsy.
Basically it means one of the muscles at one of my eyes isn't working properly, meaning my eyes aren't working properly as a pair which means I've had double vision for the last 6 weeks.
Spent 2 weeks in hospital due to this and also due to the fact it was discovered that I've suffered a bleed on the brain, although this may have happened some time ago.
Have had MRI scan and 2 CT scans so far and met with neurologist and opthalmologist to try to find out what has caused my condition.
Still no closer to an answer, or a solution.
Now, I live in Glasgow and bought season tickets for my boy and me in the summer and we managed down to the Spurs game before this happened.
Had to miss the Stoke game as I was in hospital. My boy was absolutely gutted that he missed the game. Until things improve I can't drive.
This condition could last for up to 6 months before I get an operation to fix things.
Thankfully my wife is an absolute gem. She drove us down to the Middlesbrough game and killed time with my youngest son until we left the ground. I wasn't able to enjoy the game as much as I usually do but was just glad to be there.
She's bringing us down again tomorrow but this time I've managed to get tickets for her and my other boy not too far from us in the main stand.
My youngest, who is 12, has no interest in football. At least he had no interest until he came down to the last game. He's now getting a taste for the game and has been absolutely buzzing since I told him I'd bought him a ticket for the match and he's talked about nothing else all week.
We'll take them out of school a wee bit earlier tomorrow ( dentist appointments will probably sort that ) and we'll head down to savour the fan zone before the game. Seat booked in the Hot Wok for 6 o'clock as we'll have no time for lunch.
Anyhow, really looking forward to our visit to Goodison as we absolutely love the place and the people and hoping for a much needed 3 points.
Just a pity that I'll struggle to see the game properly.

For the last 6 weeks I've been suffering from a condition called fourth cranial nerve palsy.
Basically it means one of the muscles at one of my eyes isn't working properly, meaning my eyes aren't working properly as a pair which means I've had double vision for the last 6 weeks.
Spent 2 weeks in hospital due to this and also due to the fact it was discovered that I've suffered a bleed on the brain, although this may have happened some time ago.
Have had MRI scan and 2 CT scans so far and met with neurologist and opthalmologist to try to find out what has caused my condition.
Now, I live in Glasgow and bought season tickets for my boy and me in the summer and we managed down to the Spurs game before this happened.
Had to miss the Stoke game as I was in hospital. My boy was absolutely gutted that he missed the game. Until things improve I can't drive.
This condition could last for up to 6 months before I get an operation to fix things.
Thankfully my wife is an absolute gem. She drove us down to the Middlesbrough game and killed time with my youngest son until we left the ground. I wasn't able to enjoy the game as much as I usually do but was just glad to be there.
She's bringing us down again tomorrow but this time I've managed to get tickets for her and my other boy not too far from us in the main stand.
My youngest, who is 12, has no interest in football. At least he had no interest until he came down to the last game. He's now getting a taste for the game and has been absolutely buzzing since I told him I'd bought him a ticket for the match and he's talked about nothing else all week.
We'll take them out of school a wee bit earlier tomorrow ( dentist appointments will probably sort that ) and we'll head down to savour the fan zone before the game. Seat booked in the Hot Wok for 6 o'clock as we'll have no time for lunch.
Anyhow, really looking forward to our visit to Goodison as we absolutely love the place and the people and hoping for a much needed 3 points.

Good luck mate.

Shitty times but at least you can be fixed mate. Hang onto that until it happens.

Although with your vision if you're seeing two Tom Cleverleys on the pitch it may be a struggle.

The results in the prem' have been great, even if the quality of our football's been patchy, and I've put this down to RK. There seems to be a bit of steel and resilience about the team which wasn't there before. It's all disappeared in the last two games, though.

It's still September and it'd be a stretch to say we're at the crossroads, but if we play badly and don't win tonight it'll be hard to claw things back.

A draw won't be enough, we have to win, and preferably with a good performance.

...travel well mate...and hope the eyes get better. I suffer a bit of macular degeneration so can empathise...

(Sky Sports pregame feature)

Rachel Riley: Do you remember the FA Cup final... when Palace went ahead...
Alan Pardew: Yes...
Rachel: And you did your dance on the touchline...

CD-02s.gif

Alan: Yes...
Rachel: And then you didn't win the game...
Alan (sadly): Well, sometimes the --
Rachel: And United was so unimpressed with winning that we sacked our manager anyway...
Alan (defeated): Yes...

(Rachel laughs at him for the next 3 1/2 minutes as Alan is left visibly fuming)

Rachel (through a final burst of giggles): You're such a tit!

FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.