Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Young needs to not be at right back. He was much much better further forward.
Agree. I also thought Harrison looked more effective centrally, so I'd like to see the same team and formation as Newcastle, with perhaps Patterson in for Coleman, if the game comes too soon.

Whoever is RB is going to be up against it If Mudryk starts. Here's hoping it's yet another game where he shows no end product. But he'll get in behind us if he plays.

My worry for Sunday is, our game is all about energy and intensity, after the massive effort against Newcastle, we only get two and a half days before we are expected to do it all again against Chelsea. As poor as Chelsea have been this season so far, I would gladly settle for a point here.

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenk
Onana
Garner Doucoure
Harrison Beto McNeil
just to mix it up a bit
Onana is nowhere to be seen it seems, so unlikely to see him against Chelsea.

Apart from that I'd be very happy with that side, although think it'll be DCL up top and Seamus right back, with Garner back in the team and Doucoure in his preferred more advanced position.

Very difficult game to predict. As always in our games the first goal will be really important. We rarely come back after conceding because chasing the game doesn't suit the way we play. I'm hoping having less possession will suit us, as it did against Newcastle. They do seem to be starting to click, so we'll need to be on our mettle defensively and rely on a bit of luck/ bad finishing from them. I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

Other fans certainly do. Even without the points deduction they think we would only be around 15th/16th.

Whereas we are actually top 10 and one of the form teams in the league.
we could even be higher if things had gone our way just a little bit more, those early games where we played well with loads of great chances that we got beat, we've had at least 4 cleared off the line, no penalties awarded to us, and the united game could have been very different. I'm scared to say it but we seem to have turned a corner.

we could even be higher if things had gone our way just a little bit more, those early games where we played well with loads of great chances that we got beat, we've had at least 4 cleared off the line, no penalties awarded to us, and the united game could have been very different. I'm scared to say it but we seem to have turned a corner.
And the fluke Brighton goal.
United were rubbish but clinical.

We are currently 4th in the form table (across the standard 6 games) and have the 2nd best defence in that time having played United, Newcastle and Brighton.

It’s the first time in like 4 managers that the players have actually bought into what a manager is trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.