Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy us to win, did do before the Toon game, so last night should help even more. Dyche hopes Garner is a one day sickness bug, while hoping Onana is bk in the squad. checking coleman today, said nothing about checking Pickford etc in his press conference for this game, done right after the Toon game. though all the pickford knee slides etc makes him seem ok

Weird team Chelsea, looked very decent sometimes this season but woeful most kf the time.

United absolutely fingered them in the last game though and shocks have scored well more, genuinely think we can beat these, especially with garner and onana potentially back

….Chelsea look so good at times but haven’t been converting promising spells into wins. They’ll have their moments and will offer a challenge but we can get something.

Momentum, we need to get on the coat tails of Forest, Bournemouth and Palace.
Agree with all of this. Newcastle also look good this season so our style of high press might be something Chelsea can’t live with. I hope the team that played tonight have enough recovery time for Sunday

Fancy us to win, did do before the Toon game, so last night should help even more. Dyche hopes Garner is a one day sickness bug, while hoping Onana is bk in the squad. checking coleman today, said nothing about checking Pickford etc in his press conference for this game, done right after the Toon game. though all the pickford knee slides etc makes him seem ok
I would have been very happy with two points from Newcastle and Chelsea games. I genuinely feel that 6 is possible now.

The thing that I loved last night was the ground we covered and they could not cope with our pressure off the ball. If we see that intensity again and Chelsea we have a great opportunity to win

wasn’t optimistic about getting anything from Newcastle or Chelsea and thought we would be relying on a result vs Burnley.

So 3 points ahead of expected. Get anything from Chelsea and we are flying.
Don't forget that City are also there for the taking on the 27th. Villa have shown the way

Not letting myself get carried away; think we'll come crashing back down to Earth on Sunday. COYB!

16 EVECHE.png

A team below us on the table, and another home match. It seems like it would be insane for us to take 9 points in 8 days...but we do have a real chance here. Personally I think this might end in a draw or we catch Chelsea on a good day, we are due for that. But a win here would cap an insane statement week for the club.

A team below us on the table, and another home match. It seems like it would be insane for us to take 9 points in 8 days...but we do have a real chance here. Personally I think this might end in a draw or we catch Chelsea on a good day, we are due for that. But a win here would cap an insane statement week for the club.
A win on Sunday would be massive. Assuming Luton get done by city we could be 4 points clear of the relegation zone and within touching distance of the teams above. Won’t be easy mind you so I won’t count my chickens!

I would have been very happy with two points from Newcastle and Chelsea games. I genuinely feel that 6 is possible now.

The thing that I loved last night was the ground we covered and they could not cope with our pressure off the ball. If we see that intensity again and Chelsea we have a great opportunity to win

It could go two ways, really. We can continue to show the same intensity as last night v Chelsea and get a similar result OR the players could get gassed due to the busy schedule. People laugh about players being "Dyche fit", but during this time of a season we get to see if they're really in fine fettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.