Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a great and much needed win plus the much needed points. However let us get our feet back on the ground, this Chelsea was nothing like that of a few years ago. Having said the players responded to no doubt Dunc's urging with energy, getting stuck in and not letting the opposition rest. For me I was glad to see us back to 4-4-2 which I have been saying for a while now away from the experimental tactics of Silva.

It was one game, we need to build on it and get more points. The future games are going to be tough no question of that but unlike some moaning about our signings I have felt that we have a good squad capable of taking on the best if used in the best way.

I'm happy today :)

But also aware the test is the next two games.
The feel good factor could unravel very quickly with poor results.
Keep your feet on the ground lads.

I think what pleases me was the attitude and reaction of the younger players.
They obviously care and the result meant everything to them.
Not something we have been saying about the older first team squad members.

Not often you win playing a 4-4-2 and the two centre mids being ominous.
With a fully fit squad, this could be the way to play at home every game.

Well done Duncan, gave the place a massive and much needed lift against a top team with some quality players.
The last 5 years has seen the club being fracked over by Koeman and Silva and despite spending multi-millions, taken us backwards.
Need to rebuild again and get it right this time.

COYB

It was a great and much needed win plus the much needed points. However let us get our feet back on the ground, this Chelsea was nothing like that of a few years ago. Having said the players responded to no doubt Dunc's urging with energy, getting stuck in and not letting the opposition rest. For me I was glad to see us back to 4-4-2 which I have been saying for a while now away from the experimental tactics of Silva.

It was one game, we need to build on it and get more points. The future games are going to be tough no question of that but unlike some moaning about our signings I have felt that we have a good squad capable of taking on the best if used in the best way.
Agree with this. Good squad but some are not good enough for us. Need striker who can score(easily said than done) midfielder who can spot a pass with a bit of a nasty side who could take care of people like Robertson and Arnold and a centre back with a bit of speed can tackle and pass the ball.
Don't want.much do I ha

One of the great amazing things that struck me about yesterday was right after the game, usually walking in miserable silence everyone was so upbeat, and there on the corner of the bullens and gwladys street was a programme seller. Still selling them after the game, but with about a queue of 50 people trying to buy them... Never seen that before in donkeys years of going to the grand old lady....

Please be in charge next week and get a win at Old Trafford, I'll disco dance back to Liverpool ya legend
Ye, seen that programme seller

Status
Not open for further replies.