Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two touches becomes one, passes going into the path of the runners instead of having to check their run, showing for it instead of shying out, it's all confidence and Eff-all to do with formations. This is where having a passing ethos starts to pay off and why sticking to your principals instead of taking the easy option was the right thing to do during the harder times.

Well said. The bolded bit is spot on also. Takes time to get right and will still take a bit of time but hopefully it will now be in our dna for ever more.

First goal, passed them off the park...

_85510979_everton_goal.jpg

Today has been a truly fabulous one from all aspects. People often hit out at the easy targets when things go wrong and they are entitled to their opinions no matter how radical they are, it takes a man to admit they were wrong. Naismith was one such target yet its my understanding what that guy brings to the changing room is on a par to Tim Cahill, never say die, don't let them grind you down, people with that attitude are worth far more than the sulking fancy mega rich so called stars as what they bring to a club money can't buy.

Today Naismith proved his doubters wrong, this time next week his doubters will return because that is the nature of the beast. I also am guilty of similar character assassination of Kone, although he hasn't done a Nais he is proving he is far better than he ever appeared to be, tbh the only decent game I ever saw him have at Goodison was for Wigan when they bundled us out of the cup. I apologise in as much as to say he has turned the corner, he is contributing and as such plays more of a team player.

Chelsea have lost all those attributes, they snarl at each other and no doubt even argue over who has the best Lamborghini in the car park.

Today has been a truly fabulous one for us Blues with the icing on the cake being the shoites defeat at Old Trafford against a nothing special United team so get real Blues stop arguing, thank God Nais performed the way he did and look forward to this season it just could be a good one.

Don't normally look in on other club's forums. Took a peek just now at one of Chelsea's forum match threads.

~ I'm actually more nervous about this game than I'd usually be. I'm not sure if it's down to the whole bitterness lately or Martinez' stupid ranting which have caused a bit of tension or if it's down to our form and selection. Hope we absolutely humiliate them. ~I hope so too. I would be happy with a 10-0 win, a Costa hat trick, 3 red cards and some major injury occurrences culminating in Martinez losing his job. That would make me satisfied.

~Great .. Naismith, he loves scoring against us. ~Everton playing with 3 forwards now ?!!? ~F##k not naismith hes bound to score!!

~Typical. ~It had to happen. f**king Naismith.

~[Poor language removed]'s sake - Everton's diamond just piledrived (piledrove?) us down the middle.

~ Naismith again!

~John Stones has Costa in his pocket.

~f**king naismith again ffs. ~We should buy Naismith.

Chelsea won the league last season almost by default. They entered this season totally complacent it would be a relative stroll to win it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.