Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two touches becomes one, passes going into the path of the runners instead of having to check their run, showing for it instead of shying out, it's all confidence and Eff-all to do with formations. This is where having a passing ethos starts to pay off and why sticking to your principals instead of taking the easy option was the right thing to do during the harder times.

We are well suited to this counter attacking style because the ball gets moved forward a lot quicker via good passing, and certain players are more suited to it as well, Lukaku especially.

Just hope we don't go back the the crab football of last season against the busparking teams. Maybe a lesson has been learnt.

Steve Watson scored a hat trick for us as well. jesus he had his best hame in his career today I came on here and gave gum praise considering my opinion of him and all of a sudden you get it stuck up your arse?
He scored a hat trick against the current champions?

I thought it was against a terrible Leeds team soon to be relegated.

Can't believe some fans are gutted we won today through super Stevie Naismith.

Disgrace.

He scored a hat trick against the current champions?

I thought it was against a terrible Leeds team soon to be relegated.

Can't believe some fans are gutted we won today through super Stevie Naismith.

Disgrace.
The room he made by shifting his body before passing to Galloway for the first goal was sublime
He's a fkin great footballer who narks other teams, I love him

Couldn't watch it earlier so only just seen that and the quality of his goals were better than I'd imagined after listening to radio commentary.

Naismith scores a hat-trick against Chelsea giving Lieutenant Colombo aka the Special One the ultimate piping down after him belittling the club all summer with his failed media-driven pursuit of Stones. If ever there was proof that throwing money at a problem isn't always the answer this was it.

Must be dreaming. It doesn't get much better. Been walking around punching the air with a clenched fist since the final whistle. You just have to enjoy days like this as they don't come around too often.

It's also turned an average start of the season into a good one so there is plenty to build on.

Thanks for making my day Blues.

Columbo-Peter-Falk-2.gif
Brilliant

We are well suited to this counter attacking style because the ball gets moved forward a lot quicker via good passing, and certain players are more suited to it as well, Lukaku especially.

Just hope we don't go back the the crab football of last season against the busparking teams. Maybe a lesson has been learnt.

It becomes crab football when the passing is off

Steve Watson scored a hat trick for us as well. jesus he had his best hame in his career today I came on here and gave gum praise considering my opinion of him and all of a sudden you get it stuck up your arse?

It's totally fine to have an opinion, it's also totally fine to be 100% wrong 100% of the time too. It's a free world.

Hasn't Ivanovic had loads of stick and been singled out for having a poor start to the season?

Well he will have easy today coming up against no one.

Jesus, so ivanovic whose been terrorised by wingers this year gets a free pass, shockingly negative/fearful team selection...

Barry has done such a great of doing that hasn't he.

WINGERS ffs use them.

We're giving Ivanovic the day off.

Buying 20 wingers to put them on the bench! What kind of idiot manages Everton?

I thought he would play that team. He loves the diamond against the top teams.

I can't see us creating many chances today and I don't fancy Barkley being able to get much joy with both Matic and Mikel playing so if he has a poor one don't blame him.

My prediction is a 2-0 win for Chelsea and a pretty boring game. 1 before around the half time mark and probably another one late on.

I hope I'm wrong.

What a negative team that is! Ivanovic has been awful so far this season against pace and we let him off!

These are all from just after the teams were announced. Plenty more examples too.

Let this be a lesson, those paid to make decisions on team selections know plenty more than us.

Fair play Martinez and what a game!.

Status
Not open for further replies.