Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly did. Maybe not so emphatic but definitely the turnaround. I said it would be a lot more comfortable second half. It might have started uncomfortably but we have a manager who is tactically smart and puts it into practice sooner rather than later.
I thought we had a really promising spell from minutes 30 to 40. We turned it up a notch and really had Burnley scrambling just before half time.

I'm actually quite confident about Benitez. Forget what has gone before, it's water under the bridge now. If anything I want consistency from the team. If all we are good enough is for a top 10 then so be it. What isn't acceptable is the amount of bottling this team has done in the past. If we turn up, give good account of ourselves and then get nipped by a goal then I'm happy.

This team has under performed, criminally, for a few seasons now. It's time they found a bit of form and at least beat the teams they really should be able to beat. Look at Moyes at West Ham last year. He made them consistent and they threatened the top 4

Let us not get in front of ourselves, we where here last year. Everton have ways of building you up only to knock you down. When things like our start to the season happen and you know that we can win games with a bit of application you also know that our squad is going to stop trying. It is what we have done for years. Maybe, just maybe the man from the other side of the park is the one to stop this happening. Maybe he won’t stand for it happening again.
I am beginning to get the hope again, even though experience has taught me differently. No fool like an old fool.
You old fool, you're right to get the hope again. We now have a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal. I'm most pleased about how Iwobi has improved now that he's being played to his strengths. I always liked him at Arsenal and was pleased that we got him. Long may it continue.

I thought we had a really promising spell from minutes 30 to 40. We turned it up a notch and really had Burnley scrambling just before half time.

I'm actually quite confident about Benitez. Forget what has gone before, it's water under the bridge now. If anything I want consistency from the team. If all we are good enough is for a top 10 then so be it. What isn't acceptable is the amount of bottling this team has done in the past. If we turn up, give good account of ourselves and then get nipped by a goal then I'm happy.

This team has under performed, criminally, for a few seasons now. It's time they found a bit of form and at least beat the teams they really should be able to beat. Look at Moyes at West Ham last year. He made them consistent and they threatened the top 4
Great post

It's a shame really because they'll probably get replaced with another Southern team and I'd like a few more Northern teams to be up for the away game experience. I always want local teams to do well but Burnley have proven to be a filthy team and I'll be glad to see the back of them like Stoke City
I know it's selfish but, being from London, I prefer it the other way round so I can go to more games. Was hoping to go to QPR but there's a funeral in Reading and I'm already having to miss my art class.

Mind you, Reading isn't that far from west London :coffee:

I'm going to be honest, I'm terrible at noticing tatical changes and seeing how games are changed etc.
Gomes seemed to change something and we seemed to have a little bit more control of the midfield when he came on.

Apart from the 10min where we scored goals etc I thought we were pretty awful, but when you play awful and still win, will take that.

Villa will be a tough game.. also worrying how we will do over the next few games without DCL

On a separate note .. thought richarlison did well not to lose his head... We've all seen him in seasons past lose his head and get sent off... Think it was Brighton away

Status
Not open for further replies.