Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for Doucoure, through ball to Grey was orgasmic!

1631601028956.png

It was said for the Southampton and Huddersfield games- Carlo doesn’t make the adjustment and we don’t win this game.

mid rather not fall behind but 10 points of 12, 10 goals v 4 conceded, joint top on points, and a first round cup win- all day long.

Unlike last years start I feel it’s sustainable too, if not the results (doubt were going to finish on 96 points) then at least the basic application and proposition of what EFC is. If we treat every opponent at Goodison to that second half atmosphere…
We seem to have a manager that can really change things when needed.

The Orcs from East Lancs clearly started to tireonce they had to run to collect the ball for throw ins.

Worst time wasting I've ever witnessed from the first whistle. They will go down this year, which is nice
It's a shame really because they'll probably get replaced with another Southern team and I'd like a few more Northern teams to be up for the away game experience. I always want local teams to do well but Burnley have proven to be a filthy team and I'll be glad to see the back of them like Stoke City

Delighted with the win, but what pleased me more was the reaction of benetiz in his interview it’s only the start, lots more to come from this team, we need to improve more. Found it telling that Townsend said Benetiz didn’t mention his goal at the end of the game, but was on about his lack of positioning. It’s the attention to detail, that separates him from others managers. I still can’t warm to the man personally, but no one can deny he’s a top manager.
Nobody can warm to Benitez, he's never been an emotional character and I think we've been used to seeing certain managers with their emotional outpourings and thinking that this is the norm.

I wasn't particularly bothered we had gotten Benitez, we were going to have to get someone who had been at Liverpool eventually. Where there better alternatives available? Probably. Where there worse alternatives? Definitely!

I think this was a case of "cutting our cloth accordingly" more than a stroke of genius from the board. I don't think anyone at the board room has any actual tactical nouse and I think they need someone in there who can kerb their enthusiasm and be a bit critical. There have been some absolute stinking appointments and signings that any layman could have pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.